Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been done before but it seems that the pictures don't show up (for me) on older posts. What I'm really looking to see is how the plugs look. My concern is that when I take the hack saw to the frame, there may be some slight chipping of the paint towards the edge of the remaining frame tube. Does the plug somehow curve over the ends of the frame or does it simply cover the hole and the non-painted (cut) end of the tube?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I cut mine I wrapped the area to be cut with duct tape and cut through it so as to avoid scratching or chipping the frame side of the cut. Start your cut slow until you get going. Worked fine for me. No chips or scratches. Good luck to you.
And No the plugs dont wrap around the edge but it's a good idea to touch up the raw cut edge so it does not rust in the future...

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I just did mine last night. Tape where your going to cut and the paint will be fine. I sprayed some black primer afterwards so it doesn't rust. Once you start cutting it goes smooth.

Lou

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wanted to send put this up a while ago, but my computer crapped out and I doubt uploading pictures from work would go over well since I work in an ER.
Anyway. Got the bike (s2r 1000) in July. This was my first mod....done a few since, and there are more to come. The next of which will be a bath ::)

My first post BTW.

I totally have the best frame plugs ;D 8)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Nice frame plug/signals [thumbsup] [thumbsup], you could get a small led strip of white lights and stick it under the taillight to get rid of the black box, or the Buell taillight has a clear bottom.

·
Registered
439 Posts
kopfjager said:
Nice frame plug/signals [thumbsup] [thumbsup], you could get a small led strip of white lights and stick it under the taillight to get rid of the black box, or the Buell taillight has a clear bottom.
Thanks ;D That's exactly what i was thinking with the black box. I'll get to that when I fix the mount.....as you can see the tire has smacked the license plate a time or two....or three or four. But that's been less of a priority than exhaust, clutch cover, pod filters, front turn signals, mirrors......hmmm.. time to sign up for some more over time. :-\

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems I had to copy and paste into another program in order to view it. Strange. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
bartulis said:
Question for Mother-

Where did you get those double rear taillights-very tight!
Those are pilot fog lights

with a red lens material added to the inside of the lens

the bodies drilled out and 1157 bulb inserts from NAPA installed

And before AZ_IZ gets all whiny

The main motivation to do the mod came from watching AZ screw it up

8)

Love you mang

:-*

1 - 19 of 19 Posts