Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few quick pictures of my wheels. They are the forged magnesium. The bike feels great, I only had a chance to ride about 30 miles yesterday...still scrubing in the tires.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
that's a super clean tail chop too. nice work.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wheels, pipes, tail chop... Great looking Monster!

Plz, if you can, write a ride review on them wheels.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Finnster: what do the wheels weigh? Or, more to the point, how much weight did they knock off the bike total net?

Jim G

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
SAAAWEEET! I love that bike dude, good job. Although, you're making me want to give in to those Arrows! I might have to pick some up sooner than I thought now...

·
Registered
137 Posts
They're rock!

How much for the set? And where did you pick them up?

Shyrlden

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finnster: what do the wheels weigh? Or, more to the point, how much weight did they knock off the bike total net?

Jim G
10 spoke forged magnesium wheels : Front: 6.04lbs, Rear: 7.76lbs

OEM aluminum 5-spokes (996/998), 9.25 lbs front, 12 lbs rear

I got the set for $1840 shipped from a friend who is a dealer, I got lucky and just about paid cost.

The front fender is from DP and I was lazy and bought the tailchop kit from Pro-Italia.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback :)

Jeff

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great!

Thanks for the cost info.

Expensive but not as bad as I thought. Probably a little higher retail since yours were at cost.

Shyrlden

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Jeff: 7.5 lb of rotating weight reduction at the rims is a very righteous result, and the price you got on the wheels appears pretty good!

Nice job!!

Jim G

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice but i think i will still opt for just getting the original rims nickle platted - very wicked finish!
Love ya rims though bro :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts