Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey just wanted to finally show off some pics of my S4r. Phase 1 is done and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out! I did Rizoma grips, Rizoma mirrors, pro-taper bars, clear coated all carbon, suede seat, black wheels, billet wheel nuts, gold chain, powdercoated sprocket, painted light bezel, intake, power commander and then built the exhaust.

I want to get a feeler on the exhaust actually...The whole thing weighs about 7 lbs, sounds killer and gives us S2r and S4r guys a real stubby option. It is a full exhaust coming from the stock header (Starting at the joint) and this particular one was HPC coated satin black but I do have stainless ones and am working on a titanium one. The muffler is a wide carbon oval weave with billet inlet flange and magnesium tip. I thought it would be cool to offer the exhaust with a color coded or matched tip and then offer a few different header finish options ie brushed, HPC'd, polished, titanium etc.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am 6'1" and ride an s2r, I fit just fine.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yo

Thanks guys for the feedback. I stand 5'11 and fit fine on it. The bike runs great. Finishing up dyno tuning this week on it. I will post HP gains. My previous exhaust was just one of the cat elimator pipes with stock cans. This one is huge all the way through. So far it feels better but needs a tune for sure. I modded my airbox lid and then added the K&N as well. We have a dyno and flow bench @ the shop and are working on some 1098 heads now. Once we finish them we will start working on these.

Here is what it sounds like:

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Overall looks great- I put the grips and the other bar ends on my S4RS. Exhaust looks uncomfortably Japanese-racer to me. Only one man's opinion. Love the black and blue.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
same chassis on the S4r so you might want to ride one and see what you think. Thanks for the comments on the Japanese thing. I disagree but welcome them...I dont really get too in to the Jap vs Euro thing...I think good and bad come from both places. Some of the coolest bikes on the planet are high end Japanese bikes. We went for a sleek look and wanted to save on weight, include some sort of tip that doesn't look like the ghetto, picked out of Western Powersports catalogue point down steel thing. We are actually going to take and machine some 3d-contours in to the tip to give it more of an exotic look and then color match the tip to the head pipe and black accents. So it will be a combo of black and machined.

At any rate I appreciate the input!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I actually had a friend do it for me. He would give any of you guys a nice deal if you wanted to send your stock seat. He can do whatever combo you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is exactly what I would ideally do for my S2R 1k, but I can't get into the design of the can at all. I would seriously buy this right now if you made one with a more normal cone (and a kinked cap a la Zard or MIVV, etc). I'd prefer a metal can too, because I like my Monster feeling/looking "classic".

If you are willing to make this (and possibly offer these options for future clients) I will 100% do this. Right now. Money to you, get it done, etc. I think the idea is great, just needs some refining.

I don't mean to step on any toes here, but I am a professional designer and I would be more than willing to help you out with some can design if you plan to make your own.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very Nice.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry guys just had a baby! We have the ability to do the cans too...Shoot me over some ideas...To be honest though we are not fans of most of the cans out there right now. It has to be one that we both buy in to I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts