Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Here are just a couple of pics of my new 2007 S4R before any mods. I have since installed the full Arrow system with carbon cans (looks and sounds great), added a K&N filter, removed the side panels and rear passenger pegs, switch to a 14T front sprocket, and added a few carbon bits. Attached is my Photoshopped version of what it will look like when all the mods are complete. I have most all the parts but am waiting on the Cycle Cat rearsets which are currently on back order. I'll post more pics as the mods take hold. Winter in WI is for making mods! :) Joe X

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very Nice, Joe! It's nice you posted your photoshop with your tweaks as I was really considering red wheels on mine also...you helped me make the decision! There's been some debate on a full Arrow system with the stock or an DP ECU...I'm curious how your's is performing with the K&N filter added? I've ordered the DP Termi kit with the ECU and airbox, but am reconsidering after seeing and hearing the full Arrow system in person...

Post more pics if you can after your mods...

Justin

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JB said:
There's been some debate on a full Arrow system with the stock or an DP ECU...I'm curious how your's is performing with the K&N filter added?
Hey Justin,

My bike runs better than stock with the Arrow and K&N while using the 02 sensor. That said, it did have some small surging issues at partial throttle between 2.5-4000rpm even when stock. With the Arrow, you "hear and feel" that more though it's not different. It's really only noticeable in town under 30-35mph. Adding the 14T front helped a lot by moving the rev range up below 30mph. The cold idle has a little surge between 1200-1600rpm for a minute or so, then settles into a perfectly steady idle at 1000-1100rpm.

I'm going to try a few combinations with the airbox on/off stock filter etc. If that doesn't help, I may try the 02 sensor disconnected with reseting the ECU to the default mode some report helping. But that all depends on riding weather in WI, which is getting sketchy for the next several days. Right now it's not that annoying, but I know it's there. Again, it was there stock though too. If no other fix comes out, I may consider the PCIII when it's released sometime soon.

Personally, I love the look of the Arrows, since they don't have a rear "tip" and are shorter than the Termis. The header pipe has a collector to blend the cylinders for a better 02 reading. That helps the sound considerably to my taste...and looks tough. The carbon race cans are not quiet, but really only an issue in town around buildings or neighbors. Out on the road and above 5000rpm they sound unbelievable.

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lumpy said:
fellow wisconsonite here in appleton. did you get that one from corse in saukeville a couple saturdays ago? where do call home? lookin great and i love the wheel idea. :)
Yep, that was me. I'm in Milwaukee, on the southeast side in Bay View. I see the Corse boys at Lulu's on Two Wheel Tuesdays. It's about a mile from my house. Joe X

·
Registered
102 Posts
AWESOME!!! I love your bike!

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Excellent [thumbsup] Like an updated Senna [thumbsup]

Let us know how that tuning goes. I'm running the Arrows on my S2R1K, no surging, just some popping around 4K RPM. No intake nods yet.

Hope the weather holds ;)

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SHADOWCHASER said:
Sweet "RT"! [thumbsup]

Love the Photochop BTW! ;)
It's a lot cheaper and easier than doing it in metal! :) Kinda of like the old expression, "measure twice and cut once." Joe X

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
truerider said:
but I'll pass on the red rims. I like the look of the black & stock clean as a whistle-stealth.
[thumbsup]
I know what you mean...the black is very stealth. But something about the red makes it more unique to me. Anyway, here is the Photoshop file with all the other mods and black wheels for comparison. Joe X

Attachments

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Re: Pics of my new 2007 VW BUS

grazi said:
I know what you mean...the black is very stealth. But something about the red makes it more unique to me.
Well I like red. I have red bike. Just as a visual the red unites the whole design but pulls the frame to the ground makes it seem more well, "grounded". With the black rims the frame floats, the rims fade letting the background come to life and iluminate the rest of the bike.

The best would be - both sets so you could swap out at will - "Batman" style.

Once again - ENJOY! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
141 Posts
my personal tastes lean toward having black rims....that said, I love the red rims on yours.
It really balances the bike out. very nice.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts