197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
mods so far:

CRG Brake & Clutch levers

DP 42T Light Alloy 525 Rear Sprocket
DP 15T Drilled Front Sprocket
D.I.D 525 VM2 Gold Chain

DP Steering Damper

Termis - Slip-on (can't deal with the looks of the full system)

DP Touring Seat

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! waiting on the DP Fender Eliminator Kit and LED Turn Signals to show up.

i'm also going to tackle sticker removal in the near future.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! you're going to love her.

be aware that some DP accessories are taking forever to arrive at the moment.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
That is pretty sweet looking. I used to only like the Red bikes on a Duc, but I'm starting to come around to the white. I'm looking at the silver 1100 with the red frame. I wish I could get the 1100S in silver.

Sweet bike though. What's wrong with the full exhaust system? Is there much of a difference?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the full termi system breathes more freely but the front pipe goes under the engine, which for me kills the lines of the bike. i personally think it doesn't do the bike any favours in the looks department, even if it does up the power figs.

instead, i'm focusing on lower gearing (done, with immediately impressive results), and weight reduction as much as possible in order to level the playing field in performance yet still give me the aesthetics i'm after.

stock clutch will probably go at the 7,500 service (opting for either the DP race or the Hinson)

·
Registered
5 Posts
she certainly is a head turner!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Frame sticker cover-up

I used scotch brand 1.5" black tape to cover all stickers on my 696 frame. The tape matches perfectly and you won't have to worry about scratchin the paint during sticker removal. I found this tape at Ace hardware..Pt. # 34-8519-1407-6

·
Registered
16 Posts
Easiest way I've found to get the stickers off is your wife's/GF's hair dryer....little heat and they peel right off in one piece (stick em under the seat to hide em). A bug and tar remover will get rid of any residual glue.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
going to tackle the hair dryer & goo-gone method next week (seems so incredibly un-blokey to use your wife's hair dryer on a motorcycle).

just hope a neighbour doesn't see me...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts