Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Didnt know where to turn so I'm asking yall what I should do. My bike is at the Ducati dealer right now getting it's 12K service. The mechanic says my trans diffuser is bad and needs to be replaced. Now, I don't question his judgement, but they did say it was gonna cost 4 hours of labor ($400) and the part (Trans Diffuser is what they called it - $250). So I know it needs replacing, but is there any way to get this done cheaper???

I know it has to be replaced b/c my bike was acting up before I put it in. It's just a lot of money!! haha Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Up top I said the part was a "Trans Diffuser". That's how Ducati had it listed but the actual part is a "pickup coil for the ignition". Hope that helps.

- Chad

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Keep an eye on Ebay but they can be tough to find used. It takes about 30 minutes to change one & a monkey could do it.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
+1 on Norm`s advice. Hard to find, I´ve never seen anyone, eBayaddict, sorry.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
If you are refering to the pickups under the alt cover. I have a set of them lying on my workbench right now.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure of the exact location of the pickup coils b/c i havent gotten my bike back. But if they are the same parts and I need it, are they new or do they work?

Thanks for the responses too. I'll definitely do this job myself now!

- Chad

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
bassmen999 said:
I'm not sure of the exact location of the pickup coils b/c i havent gotten my bike back. But if they are the same parts and I need it, are they new or do they work?

Thanks for the responses too. I'll definitely do this job myself now!

- Chad
I would assume they work. They will be coming out of an enigine I am disassembling for parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts