Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
that part should work. i made something like that for my 750. cheap and elegant! you may have to fiddle with it a bit, though

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I bought that same piece for my M695. Know that it is black plastic painted silver. The one I received was square cut at all the corners. I rounded the corners with a dremel (to make it look like the photo) and I also had to re-drill two of the holes so that they would line up with the plate. It seems to work well and I think it looks good, but I was annoyed that I spent the $29 + shipping and still had to mess with it to get it right.

BK

edit: I see that the item is described as aluminum and black, not plastic like the one I got. I recall that there were two versions back when I bought mine, but the photos were the same.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Forgot to address your final question....after you minimize the rear fender no additional mods are required on the M695....buwahhahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!

Get a few miles on her, hang out here for a bit, and then watch your bank account balance dwindle...

BK

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
It took all of about a month for me to succumb to mods disease on my 695. Here's the damage so far:

First to go were the Mickey Mouse ears for some slick Rizoma mirrors and sliders. Next up was the air horn to get the stupid cagers off of their cell phones. New open loop ECU to crank up the fuel/air ratio so the duc could actually breathe right, and currently being installed is the Quat-D ExBox exhaust. Of course that has to wait until the tank comes back from it's fresh paint job by Nate (DucPainter).

Don't even get me started on CF...I'm trying not to like it!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Chchadder said:
New open loop ECU to crank up the fuel/air ratio so the duc could actually breathe right
Curious as to how you did this.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
The factory chip (which is closed loop) was warranty replaced by the dealer after my 600 mile service. The replacement chip is the same one that comes with the Termi exhaust package, allowing for fuel remapping.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
AFAIK the one that comes with the Termi kit isnt reprogramable like the PCIII. Its set for the exhaust upgrade and thats about all you can do with it.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I'm not a certified Ducati mechanic or anything ???, but this is what Irish Mike and Marcos explained to me: the aftermarket Marelli ECU that they installed is open loop, meaning that it can be reprogrammed (as they have done for mine w/o the termi exhaust, and will do again w/the QuatD), and this is the same chip that comes w/the Termi upgrade. That's all I know bro... [thumbsup]

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks guys but what about the price??? i paid 8k out the door is that average? hope so :'( i wanted so bad to get the ecu and exhuast kit at the dealer today but i just couldnt see me spending another 1100 for the kit ohh well

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
By the looks of it he's making it out of ali now.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Yeah, 8k is actually pretty good out the door if you are including tax, licensing, dealer prep, and freight in that figure. I bought my 695 on their pre-release, so I paid full price of $7495 + all that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too would say you got a good "out the door" deal! Mine was a lot more but I ordered an exhaust and bought some gear. Speaking of, I need to get to the 1000 miles sooner than later so I can get the exhaust installed!!! I can't wait…the stock 695 is too quiet for me ;D

Hey Chchadder, I am curious to know how the Rizoma parts you have look on the 695…can you post or link me to a pict of your bike? [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I don't have any shots with the sliders, but they are very different from the Cycle Cat's. I like them better, and they did their job in my November crash very well. This shot is pre-sliders, pre-crash, pre-etc..., but the Rizoma mirrors are hot!

I get the bike back in about a week with new white racing stripe running through metallic low gloss black paint, and the new ExBox installed. Can't wait!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
My dealer was unable to find the black and red 695 I wanted but was willing to take $500 off the S2R800 to get me to buy a bike...$8495. In retrospect it worked out very well. More torque, not much more hp. But single swing arm with fairing and stripe, plus extra displacement was worth the extra $1000. Found that the 695 and the S2R1000 were the "hot" bikes but the S2R800 was the slow mover that they were more willing to bargain on.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My dealership warned me that if I chop the subframe that the warranty will be voided. I confirmed this with the Ducati service department, so I would be careful about what type of CRAZY alterations you are going to make. Sorry to drop that turd in your Cheerios! :-\

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mine also said that about the choping the frame...no big deal there's other options out there.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
You got a pretty good price on that out the door. I was $500+ on top of yours. Also I would just make a custom license plate bracket or buy the new DML one that is in the process of being made. No chopping required and changes the look of the bike just enough. Also remove your fork reflectors and you should be good to go for a little while. At least until you have made your first payment. If you are getting a loan try to get an exhaust or something rolled into the loan.

The first purchase for your bike should be full gear. Helmet, Jacket, Gloves at a minimum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts