Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got back up to pick up the M800 S in black that I bought at Motobritalia, quited pleased to see it came with a bikini fairing, didn't realize that it did as it was still in the crate when I went up to buy last week.

Haven't had a chance to ride yet, checked everything over.

Having ridden an 800 monster dark for a week, I know I'll love the fuel injection and the 6 spd. box.

Looking forward to Ducs fly south in a few weeks in Hiawasseee GA.
Chris SMith

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,

Congradulations!! I'm looking to buy a black 800 s this month myself. The black paint looks so good on that gray frame, it's my favorite color combination. I can hardly wait.

<><
murry

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI Guys,
THe 800 is really nice. I like the 6 speed box. Was really amazed at how the rental dark I had handled and behaved after the first 1000ks (it was new when I rented it!)
Chris
PS>I'm happy with the black, but it's a pain to keep clean.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Chris:
I recently bought an 800 from moto britalia as well. Is it a 2004 model? I'm ready for the 600 mile check.......I'll post my "service" experience on this message board.

Lee
Ellijay, Ga

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris...Where do you live? I am in Atlanta, have been riding for about a year. Ever go down to the Vortex at little 5 points on Thursdays? If you are looking for someone to ride with(like I am) send me an email. [email protected] I would love to check out your new beast. I own a 99 900S. black as well.

Tom E.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI Lee,
I live in Columbus about 100 miles south of Atl. This is the fourth duc I've owned. I rode an m800 in Italy in the Giro last month and enjoyed the hell out of it.

You should try to make it up to the Ducs Fly South event (I've been to many of these and lots of fun, great roads). The location has been changed to Hiawassee because of increased police presence and problems in Dahlonega.

www.USDESMO.com for info on this and other events.

Chris
PS>I've always thought I'd like to hit the Vortex on Thurs just for the sightseeing!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up my 800 last week. Have not ridden it much yet because I can't seem to insure that damn thing. Liability cost $219 full cost $3000. So I am kind of in a wierd position.

How much do you pay for your monster 800? Do they qualify it as a cruiser or sportbike?

Anyway from what I have ridden it is awesome. Want to break it in right. The advice on this site for break-in could not be farther oppposite if they tried. Think I am going to just go by the manual and not exceed 5500 rpm.

travis

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI Travis,
I'm lucky in that I'm insured with USAA. I think full coverage $1000 deductible is about $350 a year. Don't know what they class it as.

Good luck with the insurance,
Chris

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys,

I'm picking up my 800 tomorrow, I can't wait. About the insurance, I'm paying 2000.00 a year with progressive. I'm 27 with a reckless and an accident on my record.
Hope that helps.

<><
murry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts