Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up the M1100, had to ride 60 miles immediately because the dealership is in the other town. It was very windy around 24 mph, which spoiled some of the fun on my way back :(. But once I was in town I started enjoying the ride ;D. I think I will love this bike more and more as days pass by.

I also ordered 3 color kits (Blue, Yellow, and Orange) that will arrive in 30 days. I will post photos for each color once I get the kits.

·
Registered
39 Posts
nice. 3 color kits! wow! you're accessorizing, but that's a lot of the fun of it all and you have the black frame to do it with. black looks pretty tight already.

and, yeah, you're going to like the monster more as the days go by. i don't think i will ever ride another high HP/inline 4 on the street again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the comments. I wish the Ducati dealers stocked the color kits. I can't wait to see the reaction I get from my friends when I change the color on my monster.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Saaaa-weet

Yeah, I'll admit it I am very jealous. Very nice, big engine, can't go wrong. I am diggin' the black too. I got caught in a monsoon once and I don't know the wind speed, but I was riding sideways and felt like I was snowboarding the way I was moving,crazy! Hope you didn't ride 60 miles dressed like that.

Careful,

EMT from AZ

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a helmet and a jacket to protect, but still the wind made my first ride less enjoyable. I had to strap my helmet tight, it felt it like it was going to fly away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I'm still getting used to that myself. I'm tall so my torso length is longer than most. The wind hits me square in the chin when I try to crouch. I am doing better though and may order the Fabbri windscreen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First Oil change - which oil?

Dealership said it was okay to do first service myself as long as I keep all the receipts. So I was looking at what oil to use, and I couldn't be more confused.

Local advance auto parts has the Mobile 1 V-Twin 20W50 for $7.99 p.l. but then I look at Motorcycle Superstore and I got confused. They have Motul 300v, 7100, Repsol, etc etc ...does anyone which one is the best for Monster 1100?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Dealership said it was okay to do first service myself as long as I keep all the receipts. So I was looking at what oil to use, and I couldn't be more confused.

Local advance auto parts has the Mobile 1 V-Twin 20W50 for $7.99 p.l. but then I look at Motorcycle Superstore and I got confused. They have Motul 300v, 7100, Repsol, etc etc ...does anyone which one is the best for Monster 1100?
I strongly suggest the Mobile 1 synthetic of the weight which is best for the temperature and conditions in which you ride.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Is it recommnded to use fully synthetic on the first oil change? People are going to give you all kinds of advice on which oil is better. Sweet bike too. cant wait to see the color changes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As such I have changed my mind, now I am going to take the bike to the dealership for the first service. I posted the orange kit photos on a seperate thread, here is the link. I will post the yellow kit photos in next couple of weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts