Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went all over south jersey looking for a nice leather jacket. I wanted one that was perfed leather with a zip in liner. But most jackets I tried on were either too tight across my chest or way too tight in my biceps and armpits and the sleeves would be too long too. Went through the moto GP product line, some dianese, joe rocket, teknic, shift and some other brands too. As a last resort I tried the dealer my dad got his bike from on the long drive home of failure. And they had this icon jacket, it has stretch panels on the ribs and into the arm pits so it doesn't bind my arms and drive me nuts. The logos all over it are a little too much but I like it. At least it has a ohlins logo on it ;D BUT the jacket is really really comfortable and fits me great, the arms are still a tiny bit too long but I have short arms. The armour is great and huge (ce)

It also has a zip in quilted liner and is perfed, it flows a ton of air. Granted it was probably in the low 60's in south jersey but I was a little chilly and that wasn't so bad cause it got a little warmer and I was comfortable the rest of my ride. I think this jacket would probably work till the middle of june until the brutal SJ heat and humidity gets pumped up and I have to go back to my mesh jacket and kevlar shirt. The leather they claim to be double layer and it feels it but the over all quality is very high and the leather felt soft and high quality. Only real knock is that I can't zip in pants into this jacket but I was surprised it was a high quality jacket at a fair price, and if they can just make a few more products geared towards performance riding and less in the style aspect it might help the company, but overall I'm stoked on my coat and I'm a big fan of it, the jacket was pretty comfy to ride in the first time and I know it will just get better with time.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Did you look at the Ducati Eagle jacket (before you bought the Merc)? It has the leather and stretch material under the arms. It's a nice looking jacket! I have an Icon Merc summer jacket. I love wearing that! It's grey with Icon in black on front and an "I" on each arm. I'm covering those up with black Corse patches.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah my local ducati dealer has a limited selection of gear, and the one dianese is did try on was just way too long in the arm....The elbow armour was half way down my forearm.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
yeah i found the icon's to be some of the better fitting jackets for my body type. im short and stocky so everything usually is either too tight or too long. liked the feel of the icon daytona, but ended coming across a dainese that fit and looked too good to pass up.

i'll prolly get a fabric icon for those hotter then hell days.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted a daytona but it didn't fit me very well so I went with this one...My body type is like a trashcan with short stumpy arms so its hard to get something that fits across my chest and shoulders yet has short arms.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts