Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.azride.com/MotorcycleRental.html

I will be staying in Yuma, and I have a friend in Tuscon. I was going to visit my friend and then stay in Yuma, but i think maybe i should rent a bike, and then drive to tuscon now!!! that website has some pics of cool off-road areas too. Anyone ever take the Multi 1000 off-road. I dont want the S2R, cause i want to ride something different. the 1200GS looks like fun too though. Then i was thinking that maybe it would be fun just to rent a cruiser while I'm out there and tear up the long stretches of road. Any suggestions?!?!?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
If you're *actually* going to spend more than a few minutes off road, get the GS, if not the MTS would be ok for a little dirt road riding but it's basically a street bike.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know. I just found a place that has Yamaha Raptor 700's, or a place that has Husky 2-stroker dirtbikes. Tough choices, But i may ditch the motorcycle altogether.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Duke Dave said:
http://www.azride.com/MotorcycleRental.html

I will be staying in Yuma, and I have a friend in Tuscon. I was going to visit my friend and then stay in Yuma, but i think maybe i should rent a bike, and then drive to tuscon now!!! that website has some pics of cool off-road areas too. Anyone ever take the Multi 1000 off-road. I dont want the S2R, cause i want to ride something different. the 1200GS looks like fun too though. Then i was thinking that maybe it would be fun just to rent a cruiser while I'm out there and tear up the long stretches of road. Any suggestions?!?!?
So, you're going to pick up the bike in Scottsdale/Phoenix and then ride it to Tucson and then Yuma?

It's a great time to be riding there right now. Although, I hear it is freezing in the mornings (this coming from my wife who is stilll living there).

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
If you're going to hit the dirt (even for a short time), I'd do the BMW GS.

If it's 100% pavement for ya, then I'd go for the Duc Multi 1000sDS or the BMW RT (nice bags for your gear on the RT [thumbsup]).

You mentioned cruisers, but I don't see any available on this website. Were you thinkin' H-D rental from the local dealer?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there are a whole bunch of places to rent around there. All the HD's i have found look ugly. I was hoping for like a classy soft-tail. no biggy. I am flying to phoenix with my girl and am getting a rental car anyways. since i am not 25 i think it would be better if we just went off-roading on dirtbikes and ATV's. the bike places want like a 3G security deposit!!! Plus it will be more fun overall for everyone. I did a tour in vegas and the ATVS were crappy, so I found places that just let you flat out rent them. www.extremearizona.com

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Duke Dave said:
there are a whole bunch of places to rent around there. All the HD's i have found look ugly. I was hoping for like a classy soft-tail. no biggy. I am flying to phoenix with my girl and am getting a rental car anyways. since i am not 25 i think it would be better if we just went off-roading on dirtbikes and ATV's. the bike places want like a 3G security deposit!!! Plus it will be more fun overall for everyone. I did a tour in vegas and the ATVS were crappy, so I found places that just let you flat out rent them. www.extremearizona.com
You should rent a small truck or cargo van then and take the dirtbikes with you. Yuma is the dunes. You can do a lot of riding in the sand there. Tucson..I'm not sure where to ride there since it's all Sonoran Monument/state park. Actually, you can go ride on the westside of the Tucson mtns. Go out through Gates Pass or west on Old Ajo Hwy. You can ride all over out there.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I got to ride a V-Rod recently, and that would be a FANTASTIC bike for tearing up some long sweepers! Just be careful, the pipes drag a little in a right hander if you're too aggressive. Off-road, definantly the GS ~

JM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts