Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i'm thinking of doing some painting to my 750...specifically something like the stripe on an s4.

does anybody have any good photos of an s4 with that stripe? i saw one in cycle world a couple of months back..but it went out with the recycling. i think the stipe is on the fairing and the tank only but not sure. i kind of want to see if it is on the side of the gas cap or over it...stuff like that.

strati is doing my cans and i have a fairing waiting for me at the shop where i bought the bike. it is getting warmer and i'm looking forward to doing some more riding!

thanks,
joe

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Are you talking about the S4R? If so the stripe is off set, to the right and is on the tank, seat cowl, and front fairing.

Here are a couple of images, you can kind of see it.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that helps...may have to buy a seat cowl too...will it ever end...i don't think so..lol . actually on the S4R the strip matches the wheels and it looks pretty sharp. my bike is a dark...may have to think about.

thanks much,
joe

if anyone has a close up of a tank that would be great!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
there is a seat cowl on ebay with a buy it now of $25 earlier today, I can't seem to find it, someone must have bought it. It had some road rash, but it would be painted anyway so... There are a couple others on there for like $30 right now, still some time left on them though.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm decals...that is something to think about and they have silver too. very interesting. thanks guys for all your help....i don't know what i would do without the monster board!

joe

·
Registered
423 Posts
8)I'm trying to install the silver stripe on my black s4r now. I'm having a bitch of a time with it though, as the decal wants to buckle around the curves. I'm sure it would be easy if I went down the middle, but I'd like it off center, and there is enough curvage in the tank to make it difficult. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'll post if I get it worked out. It's gonna look slick! 8)

·
Registered
423 Posts
LOL "pregnant dog", HAHAHAHA thats the best!

beeeaatttchhhh!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Try using a hair dryer to warm up the decal and manipulate the shape. I've done it with large decals on different projects.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have thought about putting a black stripe on my yellow S4. I really prefer the look of the off-center stripe, however.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts