Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding this AM in the pouring rain on 95 heading to work when a large black pickup pulled alongside me as I rode cautiously in the far-right-hand lane. I was wondering what this was all about since large cagers usually worry me even in good riding weather. This was wet, rainy, foggy and generally rubbish conditions to ride. Well, I dropped back to allow room to the pickup to pass or whatever and let myself get into his mirror-zone and out of what could have been his blind-spot. No sooner had I done this when the passenger window rolled down and an arm leaned out signalling me to move alongside. Hmmm, what's this, I was wondering, so I edged up a little closer forward in the lane to see what they were up to. I was actually wondering if this was a crazy cager story about to happen and marking my lane position and traffic around me when I see this massive camera pointing out at me. The were smiling and giving the thumbs up and the passenger was snapping away. Maybe they thought I was crazy to be riding in the rain in the middle of October. Maybe I am. But, I had my gear on and arrived at work pretty dry and feeling better than I thought I would after >1 hour in October rains...

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Happened to me around Palisades Pkwy about a month ago.
In my case, the driver was snapping away while driving, and it worried me a bit ::)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts