Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a photo of a Monster wearing the 969118AAA fairing from the Monster accessory catalog?

That's the carbon fiber headlight fairing. It attachs to the headlight mounting bolts (only - no other apparent mount points) and is quite a bit smaller than a stock plastic fairing. It also has no windshield at all - it's 100% carbon fiber. It's about the apparent size of a Buell Lightning fairing.

I'd love to see a photo of one on a Monster.

Jim G

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd like to see one on too. Been wondering about that for a while. Kind of a cool little fairing. Could go either way though. Might look damn cool or could just as easily look like shite.

Someone please post a picture.

Thanks.

Shyrlden

S

·
0 Posts
I have one. I like the simple cafe racer look and it makes a big differance at speed. I will post a pic if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sliver: If it's easier for you, just email me the picture as an attachment, to:

[email protected]

Thanks!

Jim G

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sliver: If you tried to email it to me, please re-transmit. I just had to have MSN purge my mailbox, as I got an email with a bad header which jammed it up.

Sorry to inconvenience you!

For those who don't know, this is NOT a "full fairing", but rather a handlebar carbon fiber fairing (think Buell Lightning size fairing!)

Jim G

M

·
0 Posts
I bought it recently. It looks fine but I was much more impressed with it in the catalogue. The finish is no where near as good as the other stock CF parts on the S4. Yes, it's better than stock but I'm not really satisfied. I expected it to be a bit smaller. Oh well, I am considering painting the chrome rim around the headlight black/flat black becasue I don't like the look of chrome and CF. Just my .02

·
Registered
600 Posts
Here's a pic I posted a while ago in this thread.

Although both are not the 969118AAA, I'm guesing the one on the left is a modified version of the same fairing. The one on the right is a Buell.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jiro: Neither of these two photos is the correct fairing!

If the one on the left started as this fairing, it has been HEAVILY modified. Not the same look at all.

Jim G

S

·
0 Posts
These two links show the fairing from a few different views. This fairing does a good job blocking the wind but it does flex a little at higher speeds. Mine came without any mounting holes drilled.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does anyone know where to find one?

I know Proitalia has them on their site for sale but when I called, I was told that it is a discontinued part and they don't have them anymore. The guy appologized and said they would take it off their site now. He also told me they only fit Monsters up to 2001, which is in contrast to their site stating that it fits all Monsters.

If anyone knows a dealer who has one I'd like to know. No ebay suggestions please. You couldn't pay me to buy parts off of ebay. Some friends and I have bad experiences. Never again. To those of you who have had good experiences, more power to ya!

Thanks.

Shyrlden

S

·
0 Posts
I got mine from Pro Italia. It had been sitting around the showroom for awhile and no one knew what to do with it (no holes drilled...easy fix). It should fit all years as it mounts under the headlight bolts. I don't have it on my bike now..I like the bike naked...even without gauges. The Cycle Cat tripples are just to pretty to hide. I may sell it soon but am still undecided. Email me at [email protected] if you can't find one.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Asf: Thank-you!

The people on this board are amazing.

If you can't make your Ducati sing and fly here, you can't do it ANYWHERE!

Jim G

1 - 20 of 26 Posts