Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

A few of you were talking about a ride this weekend.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I should be up for it. Is your meeting 6-10 a.m. or p.m.?
d

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Arizona monster, disregard the comment about me having a meeting from 6-10. I removed those comments so people didn't get confused .

I DO NOT have a meeting on Saturday so anytime will be fine to ride!

(I do have riding jobs though from 8:30-5:30 on April 17th and 18th so lets get a ride in this weekend guys!! :) )

A

·
Registered
287 Posts
What is a "Riding Job"? Do you get paid to ride the motorbike? Oh Oh, sign me up!

Well, I am hoping to be available during the day on Saturday... We'll have to see about Saturday Night, My Wife's birthday is tomorrow (Wednesday), and IF she has to work Saturday, then I'll DEFINITELY be available during the day, but then we will probably be going out to celebrate her birthday Saturday night...

If she doesn't have to work Saturday, then we will probably celebrate Friday night, and then, MAYBE I would be available Saturday day and night, MAYBE!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good! BTW..yes I do get paid for that job. I'll fill you in later. Gotta go!

·
Registered
584 Posts
OK, I'm up for a day ride -- Tortilla Flats or something -- Saturday.
d

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saturday 4/10
Sunny day
High: 82
Cloudy night
Low:57

Tortilla Flats has been suggested.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Damnit! I've been grounded... My wife wants to spend all day saturday "celebrating" her birthday, and my sister told me my mom is coming down from prescott saturday afternoon and wants the whole family to get together for dinner and then sunday for breakfast... I don't know how anybody else's families are, but in mine, that is WAY too much time together!!!

I was really already looking forward to this... Please forgive me...

Oh and soon my wife will have no excuse... As soon as my stocks go up a little bit more, which they should in the next couple of weeks, I am going to sell a bunch and we are giong to get her a used ninja 500R... So then she'll be riding too!!

And if she complains, I'll hold the price tag for the bike over her head!!!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
A little off-topic here, but how hot does it get down there in the summer? I hear Phoenix is pretty cool otherwise (no pun intended).

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It gets very HOT! >100 degrees avg. from about April-Sept. I bought my Monster last April and rode it for work everyday-all day last summer. I was sweatin' every minute of it but I would never go back to Michigan for anything! :)

The rides are great. This weekend it's probably going to be Tortilla Flats (lots of twisties). Hopefully, we can make a trip to Tucson's Catalina Mtns. & Kitt Peak. A trip to Sedona-Oak Creek Canyon-Jerome-Flagstaff would also be great. End of the Summer would be a nice time to go up to Vegas. We are centrally located down here. A lot of riding and other activities to do.

Guys..let's see what azduc.com riders are this summer and join up with them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
O.K. looks like I sweet talked my way into saturday ride!!! Give me the details, and I'll be there with bells on!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just getting back to this thread. Saturday morning would be cool w/ me. Tortilla Flats sounds like the plan. Probably cool to meet somewhere in the EV right off the 60. I live on Elliot and Val Vista. We could meet at the Starbucks on Val Vista just south of the Freeway (between the 60 and Baseline) and then zip over to Crismon, north to Brown and then east to the 88 to Tortilla.

9 a.m.??
Dion

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cool, I am at Val vista and Williams field... Starbucks on Valvista close to 60 @ 9 am on Saturday, heading to tortilla... Sounds good to me!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
9:00 am Saturday..sounds good to me too guys. I'm just waiting to hear on my tire from CycleGear. Hopefully It will get here today rather than tomorrow!

It looks like Asokan and Pato Hombre have previous engagements. WHATEVER!! Nothing is more important than going for a ride with the guys. ;)

(BTW..Pato I was kidding when I called you a "loser". ;D Don't :'( *lol*)

·
Registered
584 Posts
It's all good. Three is fine. Starbucks is on the East side of Val Vista, just north of Baseline. See ya'll at 9 a.m. Saturday. If anyone else wants to come along, post up.
d

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
so fill us in on your riding job AZmnstr. sounds cool, to get paid to ride!

also, are you the same dude from the star wars galaxies board like 6 months ago I messaged about your ducati? My name was NakShedar. ring a bell?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He He..everyone wants to know about my riding job and how to get paid! 8) *LOL* I work for a promotions company and we ride Ninjas in a group of 6. It's like a moving billboard. We ride around events to promote products. I get paid a VERY nice wage. ;)

Genius..I don't think I was the one from the Star Wars page?! I don't remember 6 days ago, let alone 6 months! I DO have a VERY NICE collection that some people have shown interest in though. I have a whole lot of stuff from the original films still in the boxes.

How much is the "Revenge of the Jedi" poster going for these days? Maybe the Droid Factory in it's box or the original AT-AT never been played with. I have all the glasses from Burger King (in sets of 5 each) and the Darth Vader that held them in Mint condition. H*ll of a lot more too! ;D I should post a few pics but I don't have a scanner. Too bad!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
A little off-topic here, but how hot does it get down there in the summer? I hear Phoenix is pretty cool otherwise (no pun intended).
Average summer here is about 110

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steve,

D and I will be at the Starbucks on Val Vista at 9:00am Saturday. I got my new tire today and picked up the bike from Tom Hull a little while ago. I was sweatin it all day because I wasn't sure if I would still be able to go!

Any other AZ riders who want to go..you're welcome to join us.

*Turbo..are we meeting at CyleMoto Sunday or no? I wasn't sure about that since there is conflicting info from your post and the one at AZDuc. I'll check on the other website to make sure.

A

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
*Turbo..are we meeting at CyleMoto Sunday or no? I wasn't sure about that since there is conflicting info from your post and the one at AZDuc. I'll check on the other website to make sure.

A
There will be rally at Cycle Moto at 6:45am, then we will ride on to Fountain Hills at 7:00am. I can't make it myself, I have Easter Bunny stuff I have to do that moring. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts