Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got mine booked and I'm sure there still plenty of room.. anyone else in?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm in, but unless something goes wrong, I'll be taking the Honda and not the Monster. Sorry :(

Are you riding are trailering up? I'm in group 2. Should be fun, can't wait.

Where's Pepsduc? Joe, you need to do this! Book into group 1 on www.trakdayz.com.au

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant talk to you if your on a dirty old honda! :)
I'll be in group 2 as well
yep gunna trailer up, that way I can take fuel drinks ect.. waht about you? ya want to squeeze onto mine (I'll have to put in a couple of more eye bolts for tie down points) or have ya got a trailer?

·
Registered
208 Posts
No I haven't got a trailer, but would like to trailer up so that I can pull all of the street gear off the bike and take fuel. Not sure how we'd organise it tho, since you're closer to Barbagallo's than I am. I'd probably have to drop fuel and tools off with you the day before, ride up to your place Sunday morning and still strip the bike down at the track.

Any thoughts?

The Honda is quick! I think it might be the fairing - I look down at the speedo and think '****! didn't know I was going that fast"; either that, or the speedo is out. It's got some nice stick Michelin Pilot Race tyres on it. Even new they feel sticky.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah... dunno if there's enough time to organise that crap.. just drop ya stuff up to me and i'll take it to the track , if you can ride and just do the prep there...

·
Registered
208 Posts
monsta said:
yeah... dunno if there's enough time to organise that crap.. just drop ya stuff up to me and i'll take it to the track , if you can ride and just do the prep there...
probably easiest. I'll drop the fuel and tools with you Sat, if that's OK. Meanwhile, I'll have a practice at taking off indicators and mirrors. The honda isn't as simple as the Duc.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Is it Stage 1 on the 28th January I am booking myself into??

how come you guys are in stage 2?
have you done stage 1 already??

·
Registered
208 Posts
pepsduc said:
Is it Stage 1 on the 28th January I am booking myself into??

how come you guys are in stage 2?
have you done stage 1 already??
Yes, you need to book into Stage 1. We've done stage 1 before, but I at least will be in stage 2 for a while; so we can ride together on April 9.

You've gotta do it tho. It's a blast! and the street cred you'll earn from the shredded tyres will be worth far more than the rubber left behind ;D

I'm riding up, so we may as well ride up together.
Afraid so Joe.

·
Registered
474 Posts
i'm afraid i have to give this weekends track-day a miss :(

plans have been made for me on my behalf that day, if you know what i mean :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
pepsduc said:
i'm afraid i have to give this weekends track-day a miss :(

plans have been made for me on my behalf that day, if you know what i mean :(
You will, of course, be booking April 9 and ensuring that no plans get made for you on that day ;D

Priorities Joe, priorities!

(although you probably have yours the right way around)

·
Registered
474 Posts
April 9 it is then! [thumbsup]
i will be there :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Monsta and GeoffB.........
how'd the track day go yesterday?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Monsta upset the Jap bike riders by consistently cleaning them up with less power, more weight (bike, not rider of course), and no plastic fairing. In fact, he was so fast that his battery boiled on the second last session, and went to battery heaven. Very impressive it was too, with acidic steam pouring out of the terminals and overflow hose.

My effort was far, far more pedestrian, and the less said the better :)

It was over 40 that day, and standing around in leathers had it drawbacks. No photos from the pits, but when some of the shots from the photographers on the infield are published, I'll put them up here.

But, at the end of the day neither of us had come off (and given the number of 'offs', that was looking like an acheivement) - so a successful and enjoyable track day all round.

I may not make the April day, since it is in the middle of Eater holidays

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a ball!! I only missed one session because of the battery, so I'm not that upset about it. I'll definately be steering for the april day! I think I'll save the rebuild till after then! :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: Perth trackday on 28th - Photos

Here's the monsters

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
What happened to the road-racing exhaust geoff? Up for sale??

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It dosn't have as much clearence.. I would have worn it out! :)
I might sell it, hadn't really thought about it. I do like the under engine exhaust idea, but that one has a few drawbacks..

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Let me know if you're thinking of selling it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts