Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to the DMV after work today to get a plate for my bike and I was trying to think of a cool vanity plate I could get. I don't really have any good ideas yet and unless I can think of something cool I'll probably skip in and just get a standard one. Anyone got any good suggestions? Michigan allows 5 letters.

D

·
0 Posts
welee
quack
dml
forkd
stabk
rftc (ride fast take chances)
2wg (two wheels good)

damn, gotta go... I dunno if any of those qualify as cool though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like holign, but I can only get 5 letters in Michigan and I'm not sure it would be readable as hooligan with only five letters.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought of Desmo, but I have to admit I don't really know what that means.

·
Registered
184 Posts
MSTRO
MNSTR
DKATI
DUC

I had the same dilema here in Toronto went with generic plates

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have "L8R M8" in PA

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
DESMO

R

·
0 Posts
I like I1O0I, Very hard to read when blowing thru tolls.

QOO0O
I1I11I
IO10I

Stuff like that. My friend gets parking tickets all the time. He never pays them. They never get it right on his tickets.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Definition of DESMO, according to Ducati

According to Ducati, Desmo is:
The word "desmodromic" is derived from two Greek roots, desmos (controlled, linked) and dromos (course, track). It refers to the exclusive valve control system used in Ducati engines: both valve movements (opening and closing) are "operated".
Since he can only use 5 characters, DESMO (as in Desmo Owners Club) rather than DESMOS, might be a unique license plate.
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/techcafe.jhtml?detail=article&value=technical&part=technical&artID=2

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
how about:

GOOSE

like "Duc Duc Goose"?

haha..

Wait...wasn't that MadMax's partner who got killed on a bike.. (bad mojo there...), and also Maveric's partner in Top Gun who also got killed?

yeah. on second thought.. don't get that plate.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
DESMO would be the coolest but my guess is that it'd allready be taken.. it was here

you could look for synonyms of monster in the dictionary..
demon
devil
fiend
freak

1 - 20 of 37 Posts