Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted titanium cans and K&N filter (Ducati Performance kit). The engine runs pretty lousy, its "sneezing" and runs uneven. I switched back to the "closed" air filter box but kept the K&N filer itself and it even runned worse...would not make more than 120 km/h and runned uneven.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I need to adjust the fuel injection and will do than in a week because the shop was busy. Can driving arund with unadjusted fuel injection damage the engine ? Obviously with open filter box the engine sneezes a little but otherwise runs ok at higher revs. Should I refrain from using the bike untill the fuel injection has been adjusted or is it ok to ride like that ?

Regars

Palle

·
Registered
366 Posts
You've got something else going on. Cans and filter shouldn't require FI tweaking just to get the bike to run.

I guess I need to adjust the fuel injection and will do than in a week because the shop was busy. Can driving arund with unadjusted fuel injection damage the engine ? Obviously with open filter box the engine sneezes a little but otherwise runs ok at higher revs. Should I refrain from using the bike untill the fuel injection has been adjusted or is it ok to ride like that ?

Regars

Palle

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you're running lean cause of the open airbox > Ducati Performance Kit has open lid.

you need to make the mixture richer.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it runs, but sneezes and will not run faster that 120-130 km/h at full. The filter is open because it comes withou a lid, but can that make such a dramatic difference ??

·
Registered
62 Posts
not sure which engine you have, but on my m750. With cans only Ran ok not great(ocassional intake backfires). Switched to K&n w/ open airbox. stubbled all over the place. Installed pciii with the one included map(because of my model). Ran alot better, but still needs to be dynoed. Hope this helps.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well same here. I have a M900ie -02 (runned about 3000 km ie barely broken in). Sometimes it runs really lousy backfiring, does not reach full throttle, stumbles...but sometimes runs not as good as before but not lousy. I

·
Registered
53 Posts
Palle, I just got the Ti low pipes and filter put on my bike. It runs fine and no leaks. The guy in the shop was telling me it would be a bit lean, but I haven't checked my plugs yet. Let me know what happens when they mess with your FI.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far it runs pretty bad especially when cold weather. Donno though if its the filter and pipes and lean mix or if a coincidence that something else simply started to casue problems at the same time I changed the pipes and the filter. Will have it checked next week.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got the CO adjusted yesterday and now the bike runs perfect ! Beautifull sound, nice power in mid revs..the special noise open filter box does. It runs like charm ! Before the adjustment it runned like crap. Stumbled, popped..wouldnt go more than 120-130 km/h. Costed about EUR 40. Ive also changed the pipes and filter in my 02 ST4S to oval Silmotor and DP filter, the same adjustement procedure and bike runs perfect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Palle, glad to hear that things are working out. But what exactly is a CO? And how did they adjust it?

When I had my peformance kit installed they left the lid on the box. I figured I would leave it since they said it would be a bit lean anyway. I checked my plugs though and they look fine. Bike runs great too. Last night was a bit chilly, but no problems.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right. CO for hcecking the A/F mixture. Yours left the lid because in my humble opinion the lid should be left on if the filter is not being replaced with a free flowing weather resistant one DP , bmc or K&N. If you buy the replacement filter the frame which comes with it replaces the box. I

·
Registered
53 Posts
Palle, I have the DP filter, but it is within the regular box. I thought it came with an open box as part of the performance package with the pipes, but I prefer the closed box anyway. I would bring it back to have the CO adjusted, but Im pissed at the guys at my local shop, and it really is running perfectly. So I wont bother untill it is needed. Like I said, the plugs look ok so far.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yapp, as long as the box is closed you do moste probably dont have to adjust it. Opening the box makes huge diffrence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts