Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride in southern california. I really wanted a pair of Dainese P103's since they are now discontinued so i found a pair on ebay for $250 but they are full grain. My local dealership had a pair in my size for $500 that were perforated. Do you guys think that the perforated add that much more ventilation and comfort?

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
yes... perforated leather makes a noticeable difference in temps above 80f. cycle gear has some closeouts you should look into. i believe d-store in costa mesa also have a few marked down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a perf jacket. It's amazing how much they breathe. Being in FL I don't think I would have a use for full grain. My $.02

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have both perforated and full grain Dainese jackets. The difference is huge!

I rode with the perforated jacket all summer, and it was comfortable up into the 90s, at least (I don't think it got any warmer than that here, at least not on days I was riding). However, this winter, the perforated jacket, while fine with the liner around town, just got too cold for me above about 40mph. The full grain completely solved that problem.

So yes, the perforation makes a huge difference.

My Ducati dealer has a shirt thing that they claim blocks most of the wind if you wear it under the perforated jacket, so getting one of those and the perf jacket might work for you if you're someplace not too cold.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Perforated all day. Not even comparable. Also, I've tried one of those wind shirts underneath and it was a waste. It might cut the wind down a little, but it's not warm. Better off getting an Under Amor cold temp mock turtleneck. Much warmer.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
BryanS said:
I wore my rain jacket over the top of my perfed leather jacket to block some wind when it got cold one night during a long trip.
Yep, done that. It's actually a decent solution for early morning rides when it's cool out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts