Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally surprised I never thought of this sooner. A few weeks ago when I was on my way to CCC with a buddy, the day I saw Ruben and Val there, I noticed a spot that would be the coolest place for all of MOCHA to get in on a group picture. Hell, we could even use it for the calendar submission. Now bare with me because I really have no clue on the exact location, but I know for a fact many of you will know what I am talking about. We took Touhy all the way to CCC and before we got there, I have no clue where we were, we passed a Leaning Tower of Pisa replica. How cool to have a pic of a bunch of Italian bikes in front of something that represents true Italian! I know if kinda defeats the whole Monster Owners Chicago Area theme, but I think it would be cool. I think the hardest part would be the usual, trying to get everyone to meet up for something like this. What do you guys think? (and girl according to the info I received from Ruben)

·
0 Posts
Yeah that is close to my place and it is perfect. Italian bikes and the leaning tower in Chicago! The problem now is getting everyone together.

R.

·
Registered
724 Posts
ehh...

the problem of gettin everyone together will decrease and as the temp. increases i imagine...

IMO, it's still really ****-e out there...

·
0 Posts
Full Moon was cool this morning. Not alot of bikers there 'cause they were all passing by going to Leland. It was too cold for me, plus I'm trying to deter high mileage before my scheduled tune-up May 13th.
Was talking to Ron's friend Thai (I hope I spelled it right) and his Dad who gave me a very thorough information session about his Goldwing. I was impressed and convinced it is a perfect U.S. cruiser.
This guy at a bicycle shop I went to asked what kind of bike I owned. When I said "Ducati" he paused and said "If it ain't a Harley I don't know what it is". This arrogant mofo probably doesn't know that Harley is getting sued for malfunctioning engines they KNOW about but didn't order a recall. I let it slide only to be insulted by some young non-pu$$y getting cat who thinks that the SV650 is better than a monster. I let it ride 'cause I went to the bike shop for something other than lame conversation.
Rode out to Dubuque, IA and was impressed by the hills, mountains, twisty roads and peaceful neighborhoods, not to mention the 250k mansions for sale. I couldn't believe that price when I read it, especially a condo in the city is the same price. You could build a castle out there and live comfortably. Anyhow, that was my weekend.

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sweet. Eh, don't let those fools get to you. Every Harley person I've talked to says their bike is in the shop more then it's on the road. How long of a ride is it to Iowa, what route did you take?

·
0 Posts
Iowa was 3 hours from my door. I took 90 to Rockford and from there went west on 20. Route 20 is a long, 2 lane (sometimes 3) with allot of hills, and the closer you get to IA there are nice twisties! I'm gonna take long rides out there for the weekend, especially now I have friends out there. Where they live is like a college town so it's cool, plus you pass Galena which is nice.

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think 90 min south of us. Val knows exactly where it is, I think Roger does too. Supposedly nice hills and fun roads to ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts