Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering one and need to specify length and angle of hose. If you have one, can you post, or PM me?

thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Got photo of Penske remote reservoir installed?

Here's how I mounted mine, it is the standard length.

Depending where you get it from you can have them set it up as a piggyback configuration.

·
Registered
239 Posts

PM'ed ya.

desmodevil said:
Was it hard to install?
No, the install is pretty straight forward. You can do it with a rear stand and a small car jack on the rear tire. I'll write a better description as soon as I get a chance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

desmodevil said:
How is the jack used??
Aww, you insert it between the tire and the frame and jack it up untill you can slide the lower shock bolt out. Warning! - there is actually very little weight on the rear shock, and if you jack it up too hard, you'll never get that bolt out. If you see the tire really deforming, you've probably got too much pressure on it.

huh-huh-huh, I said "jack it up"...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

MonsterMan said:
Here's how I mounted mine, it is the standard length.

Depending where you get it from you can have them set it up as a piggyback configuration.
(threadjack)
do I spy CF wheels MonsterMan? awesome [thumbsup]

·
Registered
239 Posts

This is where you would need to place the jack:

** I would have the bike on a rear stand and then put it in first gear, so the wheel can not move.**

First thing I would do is remove all of the tail assembly and if you have high mount cans those also. Next I would remove the the plastic splash guard under the seat and rear fender (if you have one). All most forgot you may have to remove the clutch side rear set
to get at the lower shock bolt.

Once you have done this done you can place the jack (i used the jack from my 4runner). Center the jack between the rear cross-member and rear wheel as best as possible. You can place a thin piece of wood on top of the jack so, you do not mar the paint.

Now start to jack it up, you should only need to go a few inches. Now you can take out the bottom shock bolt, you may have to play with the jack height a little bit. If the height is not right that bolt is a bitch to get out.

Now that you have the bottom bolt out you can remove the top shock bolt. This one is pretty straight forward.

Remove the shock and do the reverse on installing the new shock.

This is just a quick recap of the process, if it's to vague just let me know.

MichMonsterS4 said:
(threadjack)
do I spy CF wheels MonsterMan? awesome [thumbsup]
Yes sir you do! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
737 Posts

MonsterMan said:
PM'ed ya.

No, the install is pretty straight forward. You can do it with a rear stand and a small car jack on the rear tire. I'll write a better description as soon as I get a chance.
OMG !!! i have never thought of using a car jack that way! DAMN it would have saved me SOOOOO much hassle, so many times! :eek:

Thanks dude [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Nice [thumbsup]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.