Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out with a FBF map for PCIII? I've just secured one on ebay - but its for a M800. I believe from some threads in this forum that the parts are the same and all I need are the maps. It seems that dynojet etc have neglected to add a map to their download list. Obviously if someone needs the 800 maps......I'm your man! (though they are posted anyway!) Thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
since you have FBF pipes ask them to email you the matching map, I have the version 143 and it's far frfom being perfect on my setup.

read this thread I started.

I can send you my map if you want and maybe we could work together to make that map better.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a good plan. I haven't received the PCIII just yet so no rush on emailing the map (will definitely need it though). I'm toying with an airbox mod (the FBF one) as well but I'm undecided - The bike runs pretty good right now but since I removed the Cal Emissions kit it seems to be a little more aggressive (rather than smooth) when off-on throttling. Seems you have plenty of experience to learn from !

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm not really, I keep on learning everday!

Now I'd be curious to see if that map v143 works fine as it should with FBF mods only!

where are you located?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I suggest you put your pc in this place as it won't fit between the battery and the tank.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting the photos Ducato, good to know where to put it! Just got confirmation it's on its way so should have it by the weekend. I'll be calling Ferracci about the map later this morning (PST) and probably will order the airbox from them. That way I have more leverage if the mapping sucks - after all it will be Ferracci all the way (as you mentioned). I'll keep this thread posted with any developments. I may even set up a web page on my site (it needs updating and the backgrounds suck)- Has anyone seen any dyno info for the M750 with PCIII and Ferracci mods?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a call from Ferracci, they wanted $40 for the M750 map (I didn't buy my PCIII there so I coughed up so I can complain later if needs be). I also ordered the airbox mod, so will try the whole set-up at the weekend. I'd be interested in comparing maps (Ducato) - there's no reference to 143 in the file I got.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
map emailed to you.

you'll probably have to remove the airbox completely to connect the pc to the injectors, I had to because the connectors are really close to the box and really hard to properly attach/detach or to reach even. It's faster and makes the job real easy.

remember to get a 9v battery as well so you can set the throttle position to max without starting the engine...and blow it.

+

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice. I've got a couple of 9v batteries so thats OK. I've got the PCIII Serial model (711-211). I'll try it with the airbox lid off (and some duct tape) tonight if I get chance. Otherwise it'll have to wait until the airbox mod arrives.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK - so here's an update. Installed the PCIII last night, and I have to say the advice to remove the airbox is definitely well heeded. It takes a few minutes and saves hours (I'm sure). I found that the injector cables were not as well insulated as the originals so added a bit more tape at the ends to improve resilience to heat, vibration etc. I wasn't able to locate it on the side of the battery box, there were too many cables etc and it was very tight against the tank. It now sits at the back of the battery box and has plenty of clearance from the tank as well as being easy to connect the serial cable to. Using the buttons may be fiddly, but I don't intend to use them anyway. All in all it took an hour (doing it right rather than rushing it), and is virtually imperceptible from to the uninitiated. I'm still waiting for the delivery of my FBF airbox kit (BMC filter etc) but I fired it up with just the stock air filter (no lid) and it started as usual straight away. After about a minute I turned off the choke, and it idled smoothly at about 1K rpm (still a cold engine) - we'll see what its like whenI get a chance to ride it, but a smooth idle when cold is not something I ever had before. As there are no changes to the map in the idle section, I think it must be coincidence (or I fixed something by accident)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dave let me know how it turns out. My stutter comes in about 3000 rpm. I also have the serial pciii( should have asked, I could have saved you $40)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll keep this thread open- I don't think Ferracci will get many more $40s from anyone, the other maps are free - anyway it'll be more readily available soon ;-)
I just want to make sure the map does what it should....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys should register your pc on the powercommander website and put a comment concerning our model.

why they aren't taking into account this model remains a mystery to me!?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey JDUB, can you send me a copy of your map, I see you are running a scorpion exhaust (I'm running FBF)- it'd be interesting to see if there's a difference in the maps. I'll be taking up the mapping issue with PC, however I'm sure that Ferracci feel justified in charging for their map.... Thanks and I'll keep you all posted.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Copy of the email I sent to [email protected]:
Hi
I notice that there is a distinct lack of information relating to a Power Commander available for the 2002 Model Ducati Monster 750cc, and I have to ask, why?
There are countless requests and references from owners on many of the internet forums that are crying out for support.

In your applications list you do not even list this model..... Ferracci (www.ferracci.com) list one as available on their website, yes it's a dynojet product! - and they have a map available for their own after market set-up.

I have fitted a unit (711-211) to my Monster and use the Ferracci maps with their modifications (airbox/exhausts) and it works just fine. I also know of other owners using the PCIII USB as well on the same model. As you are probably aware, these bikes are well catered for in terms of other after market extras, are you missing a potential sales opportunity?

Is there any chance that you could update your application list to show that one is at least available, and if necessary, myself and the other owners can provide a list of the maps we have collated - this is essentially doing the bulk of the work for you. Let me know if you need help with the specifics too, the fitment for the USB and serial versions are slightly different in terms of mounting instructions.

Please Note: I have no vested interest either commercial or otherwise, I'd just like to see fair representation of products for the Ducati range and I'm willing to help (at no cost etc) to put things to right.

I look forward to your reply
Regards etc...

Lets see if I get one.....

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Keep us posted on their reply (if you get one!)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts