Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Power Commander III w/ mod Sil exhaust and open air-box for my 2002 M620. Anybody who has the map would like to share?

C

·
0 Posts
They're are about 4 on the website. I know one is for slip-ons and a K&N. Try that one first. That's the neat thing about the PCIII.

jb

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
When downloading a map from the Power Commander website, do you have to have a "laptop," or can you use a regular PC. I keep hearing people say you need a "laptop." Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Either a desktop PC or laptop. Most folks won't roll their bikes into the house to get within cable range of their desktop PC. Dunno why, it doesn't bother me a bit... ??? ;D

I think you can even do it with a PalmPilot, but I don't know jacks#!t about those. I know DynoJet sells a cable adapter for them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't believe you can download directly to the PCIII unless it is on the bike with the ignition on, but I think they sell an adaptor for direct loading to the PCIII. As far as laptop or desktop it dosen't matter.

R

·
0 Posts
Laptop is good for the running their program and actually watching the screen while you have the bike running at different rpms. They provide a nine volt adaptor so that you can download a map to the power commander unit from your desktop pc.

So, you can download from you desktop pc then take the power commander unit and hook it up to your bike.

Or, you can use a laptop connected to the power commander that is on your bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts