Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

It seems that one of my passenger seat cover screws vibrated loose and left for its own adventure

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I found the cowl screws at Radio Shack. I guess they have them for the reason that Scott mentioned.

BTW, if you don't regularly need to take the cowl off, you can just use a normal cap screw (M6, I think).

--Fillmore

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I also lost a screw recently, but still had the one on the old seat holding the cover on that place you can store the "tools" and owner's manual. I just used that one.

I encountered a guy up in the hills once with a dead 916. With the big screws, I was able to remove the tail cowl and give him a ride out of there. If you use normal screws you won't have that option.

I better go visit Radio Shack to see if I can get a few spares. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radio shack. Great suggestion. If I locate them I'll post the exact part number..

Borg Girl

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, couldnt' find anything at Radio Shack. I did some rummaging in an old hardware cabinet I have and discovered a pair of nice black hand screws with the same threads so I'm good for now. Seems like those screws are easy to lose. If we can locate a supplier, maybe we could by a box and each stash some away!

Borg Girl

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Oh c'mon you geek, show us a picture of your computer... I know you've got one.

--Fillmore
(OK, so I color-matched Laura's desktop PC to her Monster... Hey it's not sitting on my desk. So what if the older model Powerbooks look a lot like a Monster dark when you put a Ducati sticker on them [smiley=rolleyes.gif])

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Oh c'mon you geek, show us a picture of your computer... I know you've got one.
oh, gosh ok.
My Lounge PC:

James is helping me fab up a working disco ball, and Nathan is gonna help me make a lit disco floor for the bottom.
I have issues.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
MonsterHooligan -

Way cool! Have you ever thought about doing a "lounge Ducati?" :)

M.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
SpeedDog,

What is the right size to buy for a 2001 M900??

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
SpeedDog,

What is the right size to buy for a 2001 M900??

Thanks!
If you want Stainless, the 92558A200.
If Black Oxide is OK, the 92581A430.

The Ducati part# is 779.1.104.1A, and my SpareShack price list has it at $1.42 each. Don't know availability at your local dealer, so YMMV.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
oh, gosh ok.
My Lounge PC:

James is helping me fab up a working disco ball, and Nathan is gonna help me make a lit disco floor for the bottom.
I have issues.
A neat desk is a sign of a sick mind...

I wouldn't dare post a pic of my PC desk... LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts