·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Dave,

I was happy to see you posting on the board..... 'till I saw the reason.

What a disaster! It fell off your lift? All by itself? Nothing bumped it?

That's got to be the most bizarre mishap ever. The damage is pretty awful. Wonder what "Tank Wizard" Norm will think about that one.

I haven't forgotten about the dyno automation. Spent last winter looking for work. Found some in the spring, but I'm looking again. It's hard to commit to working on your dyno when I don't know where the next paycheck is coming from :-[

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just came home from work and wandered out to the garage and at first I didn't hardly know what I was looking at..at first. after 2 seconds it sunk in along with my heart (and wallet) no insurance.....
It cranks but won't fire up.
Tank, seat and left panel are toast. A little scratch on the fairing. Posssibly little bend in frame/rear tank mount.
The bike was not 100% straight in the wheel chock, but the front wheel seemed tight enough in the clamp.....guess not!
I don't put the wheel in to deep or it clamps on the brake rotors.
Ouch, what a le$$on.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I don't recall BCM ever using tie-downs when my bike was on the stand for work (6k and 12k service). Eric uses a front wheel clamp and it sure seemed secure enough.

I would have done the same thing :'(

S

·
0 Posts
dave, what can i say? that's horrendously bad news!!! i don't know what would be worse... walking in and seeing the damage or being in the garage and watching it happen. in any case, i hope the tank's the only serious damage and that nothing else significant got pounded.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I threw the battery tender on it for a charge and it fired right up. So I'll need a tank and seat at a minimum. The radiator, handlebars, barend mirrors were untouched, since it was suspended on the tank by the steel welding table it fell on.
I had seen someone does tanks. Norm is it? got an email address? This is a real BAD dent. It probably needs replacing.

S

·
0 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Oh man, that really stinks :'( Sorry to see what happened.
I hope you can fix all this damage for little $.
I'm sure you'll have it ready for spring for a group ride.
Tarik

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Dave,

I have a local did a good job on my tank, but yours IS way bad. I'd try Norm. He says "if you send it, he will fix it" It's worth a shot anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I'll give Norm a call
New fuel injection tanks are $1729
Ordered a S4 service manual from seaduc, and asked if any negotiation on price~~not really.
I haven't even looked into a seat yet.
I would think the plastic left side side panel would come up cheap on ebay from a carbon fiber upgrade....

T33- yes I'll get it fixed or buy new by spring, but I'm pressing right now to get my 5th wheel trailer fixed up to carry bikes to daytona....6weeks away. May have room for an extra bike or two. Maybe I'll put the plate on the 907IE and run that for a while instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts