Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on a shopping spree for my S4 , bought some Termi race pipes ,14 tooth sprocket,Ducati performance alloy mirrors ,preload adjusters, belly pan, and power commander .

All the parts were bought from Ducati dealers in England who were told its a 2001 monster S4.except the belly pan.

The parts all came in packs marked monster S4 , the termis i will have to make new mounting brackets for . and cut 20mm of the pipe where it goes into the down pipes,

the sprocket is for a 530 chain the S4 uses a 525 chain 'doh'

the power commander is for a different unit not a 5.9 ecu,

the belly pan came from powerbronze and i have offered it up 20 different ways but it fouls the front wheel and exhaust.

the ducati performance mirrors look great but you cant see anything behind the bike, 'doh'???

the ducati performance preload adjusters dont fit the S4 forks they foul the bars 'doh'

problem is i brought all this stuff to Thailand and will have to modify it or wait till March when I Go back to England to get it exchanged or refunded, i a really pissed off now.

The guys at the dealers , Protwins , Daytona , and P&H i am sure will sort me out , not sure about power bronze , i will phone them tonight,

PS: have managed to fit the Termis , but am dissapointed , sure the bike runs better , much fatter midrange , with the k&N filter as well and better low speed running but its so quiet for RACE pipes, not much louder than stock, what a con.Had to re bend the mouting brackets .

jerry

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personal Message (Online)

Re: Parts that dont fit
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:09:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Soundclips? (of the termis, not your disappointment)
Report to moderator Logged

"I think your car is broken, the driver doesnt seem to be working properly."

that would be me then i havent worked properly for years

jerry

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
LOL are you kidding me? Dude, if youre that disheartened over friendly sarcasm you shouldnt be waking up in the morning.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Hrm.

If there was a RTM, I missed it.

Carry on...

Jerry, sorry to hear 'bout your misfortune. We get used to having multiple sources close at hand. Your situation is tough.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
it looks like jerryz just highlighted a little too much of hyperm3's post when he went to do a manual quote (by copying and pasting)

in any case, that's really unusual that pretty much ALL the parts you got didn't fit! sorry to hear that happened man...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts