Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever order anything that got put on hold from ducati?

I ordered a new gauge/ECU set and of course my dealer has the ECU but not the gauge cluster. It's been 3 weeks already, and after enough calling, the dealer finally figured out the reason the gauges havn't come in.

Apparently Ducati has put a "hold" on these parts as they are currently building new bikes and using the parts for them. Is this common? I'd really like to get this bike running sometime soon, but it's really not looking to promising lately.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

THanks

Reid

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am a US agent for an Italian Company and I import goods from other Italian OEM's. I would say YES IT IS! You can't group all Italian companies into the same bag but... if they have an increase in demand to what is planned, and everything is planned, then you are SOL. Nothing you can do so don't sweat it - it will come and they won't really be able to tell you when.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Try Ducati Seattle... they seem to be on the ball.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Love Duc of Sea, but I ordered guages about 5 weeks ago and in the same boat. I know they would have them here 5 weeks ago if they could.

The winter wait.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just go down to your dealer and point at a new bike and tell them "Just grab the ecu and cluster off that bike, when the parts come in then you can put them back on it".

See how that works. Let me know. :angel:

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
hollowellreid said:
Wow.

So should I just abandon any hope of having these before spring rolls around?

It would have been nice to at least go for a ride before snow comes.

lame

Reid
I don't think the situation is *that* bad.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
mnemonic said:
Just go down to your dealer and point at a new bike and tell them "Just grab the ecu and cluster off that bike, when the parts come in then you can put them back on it".

See how that works. Let me know. :angel:
I go tthat to work once... A rear brake caliper and hose...

big (the rant is in google groups if you want to hunt it down... look in aus.motorcycles early 2000...)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still no word on the cluster, It's been a month now...

I'll have to call the dealer to have them find out what the deal is from ducati....hopefully.

It figures that this is pretty much the ONE thing that I absolutely cannot purchase used and have work (the immobilizer issue)

figures, huh?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lucky you!

I guess this is part of the joy that comes with owning one of these fine machines. Just can't expect things as quickly as I might for a japanese or american make.

I just want to ride it, just once.....grrr

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've been waiting two months now on a front fairing and seat cover for my 695 from my dealer. And yes, that's paid in advance, and in full. Also, after bargaining for 20 minutes on an '07 Arai RX-7, and applying my 10% recent buyer discount (the black, white & grey 'Sete' model) -- "This is the very best we can do... oh, I'm gonna get in trouble with our parts mamager... All helmet sales are final", two days later, it shows up on Kneedraggers.... for $48 bucks less with free shipping. Duc of Sea and Salt Lake Motorsports.... ? Another long-distance customer in on his way.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
hollowellreid said:
Anyone ever order anything that got put on hold from ducati?

I ordered a new gauge/ECU set and of course my dealer has the ECU but not the gauge cluster. It's been 3 weeks already, and after enough calling, the dealer finally figured out the reason the gauges havn't come in.

Apparently Ducati has put a "hold" on these parts as they are currently building new bikes and using the parts for them. Is this common? I'd really like to get this bike running sometime soon, but it's really not looking to promising lately.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

THanks

Reid

So, they are still using the problematic gauges on the newer monsters? ? hmmm.
I ordered my 3rd set of gauges last month, and came within 5 days but i haven't found any time to replace them. But as i can tell, i 'll probably order my 4th set of them next year.....

A new bike with 0km once again. Whoray.

[cheeky]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts