Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how to move the ad, but most of the information is at: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=64031.0

Parting out wrecked 07 Monster S4RS, including motor from perfect unwrecked S4RS, except for radiator and clutch cover. Motor is in perfect bike now. I am swapping the motor in the black bike with the motor in my wrecked red S4RS. The wrecked bike motor is fine, but cannot be sold as a known runner. I'll install it in the black frame, start it, and then sell the one that was in the black bike. It has 2536 miles and the motor will be removed as soon as I shake the flu, so miles will not increase much. Bike was bought and 600 mile maintenance was done by Crooked River Ducati in Akron Ohio.

All carbon fiber pieces will be sold, along with brakes, wheels, suspension. See other ad for details. A few carbon fiber pieces have names on them already this evening, but almost all the bike is still available. Brakes, wheels, and tires are perfect. Right fork has a dimple in the outer cover, shown in the photo below. Inner components don't hit. I'm selling most parts for 40% of new, plus my cost to have the UPS store box and ship. Larger pieces, like motor and suspension, can be negotiable. Prefer not to ship the largest pieces. High resolution px available for any parts before you commit. If they aren't perfect and you still want them, they will be discounted more.

Dave

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apologies to those who have been confused by my description of how I am determining my asking price. I am not asking full retail. I'm asking 60% less than full retail. That amounts to paying 40% of retail. So if you want to figure the price without waiting for me to check with a dealer, you can call a dealer on your own and multiply the retail by .4 to get a price less than half what the dealer would charge. If the part isn't in perfect condition, my asking price will be even lower. I will charge what the UPS store charges me to box and ship.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MichMonsterS4 said:
sent PM on lower oil cooler and lines, rear brake pedal switch,clutch and front rotors
Thanks PM reply sent, but I want to mention generally that I am trying to sell large groups of parts together if possible. Anything related to an engine swap, in particular, won't be separated from the motor. This means no cooler, clutch, loom, or trio of ECU,ignition module, and instrument cluster required as a set to get the engine to fire will be available unless motor buyer doesn't need them. Suspension and brakes will probably be sold separately.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Chplndave said:
Thanks PM reply sent, but I want to mention generally that I am trying to sell large groups of parts together if possible. Anything related to an engine swap, in particular, won't be separated from the motor. This means no cooler, clutch, loom, or trio of ECU,ignition module, and instrument cluster required as a set to get the engine to fire will be available unless motor buyer doesn't need them. Suspension and brakes will probably be sold separately.
I sent emails, and posted, around the time you originally posted the original thread regarding the suspension and possibly the brakes. I never heard anything back. Did I say something wrong? If I did, I apologize and ask that you at least get back to me.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PeterS4R said:
I sent emails, and posted, around the time you originally posted the original thread regarding the suspension and possibly the brakes. I never heard anything back. Did I say something wrong? If I did, I apologize and ask that you at least get back to me.
I have no idea how the screwup happened, only that it was unintentional. sorry. PM sent. If you don't get it, please send me a post directly to [email protected] I'll do whatever I can to make it right, but we will have to do it quickly.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Pm'ed ya

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update on parts. Swingarm and rear wheel are gone. Suspension, brakes, and front wheel are still available. Engine is still available, but now will have to be the red bike engine. I called the dealer again this evening to ask for more parts prices and he told me that the Ducati factory rep told him I cannot get warranty work on my bike unless the engine and frame numbers match. I had hoped to keep the red motor, because I had put every break in mile on it myself. The black bike was a demo with the first 1000 miles already on it. The dealer says he put most of the initial miles on it himself, but I still would have preferred the motor I broke in myself. Anyway, I am back to selling the motor from the red bike. 800 miles on it. needs clutch cover and radiator. I have full exhaust, ignition module, ECU, and a new virgin instrument cluster that can be programmed to work if the buyer needs. I paid 659.00 for the cluster. I'm going to ask 3500.00 for the motor including exhaust, and will include the ignition module that matches the ECU. I will want to get my money out of the cluster if it goes with the motor. If anyone is serious about the motor I can give you contact information for both the owner and the service manager of the dealership I bought it from. They both have seen the bike since it was wrecked, and I believe they would be willing to share their opinions. I don't really know what it is worth. If no one wants the motor at 3500 I'll lower the price until it is sold.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Randall said:
how much for the brakes/suspension?
I asked the dealer for prices today, and he promised to fax them to me tomorrow. I'll send PM you and also post a general note when I get them.

Thanks for your inquiry

Dave

·
Registered
541 Posts
how much for the sidestand? I've got dibbs.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Paper5tr3et7 said:
how much for the sidestand? I've got dibbs.
Your name is on sidestand at 40% of retail pending agreeing on details of price, shipping, and delivery

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Several people are interested in suspension and brakes. My Internet server went down before I had finished responding last night and didn't come up until this morning. I need to leave for work but will be back on line before the end of the work day. Hopefully the dealer will have faxed parts prices by then.

Engine parts will be opened for sale only if the buyer of the motor is uninterested in them. Then I'll go through my emails and get in touch with people in the order of the date on their inquiry. I'll post the activity on the engine as it goes along. Large item, so it may take a while.

A number of people are interested in the brakes and suspension. I prefer to sell it all together if possible, forks, rear shock, and all brakes including pedal. Front hydraulic line missing but otherwise complete. Front wheel still available, rear not available. Front wheel can go to purchaser of rear wheel if no one wants it. I'm trying to make it available with front forks though, in case a front end wreck needs rebuilding.

Carbon fiber front fender has no mount. Mounts directly to fork leg. If yours needs a mount, please check with dealer to make sure mine will fit. Chances are, it won't. Purchaser of forks may want the fender. If I sell the whole lot together I'll take less, so the fender will probably end up being free unless it has gone already.

Off to work. I'll try to pm all who have sent messages overnight. Thanks to all for your interest

Dave

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PeterS4R said:
Still no response to my PM of yesterday, so parts have been made available again. I noticed you were on line when I sent my PM, so I was hoping to hear from you quickly. If you do have an interest in the parts, please respond either to the phone number I sent, send me a number so I can call you at my expense, or send another email to confirm. For the moment, they still are available. Hope my ineptness didn't sour you on your project.

Thanks!

Dave

1 - 20 of 83 Posts