Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that 52604-14 is commonly referenced as the correct part for the S2R 800. However, the US distributor for AFAM insisted that 52610-14 is just as usable due to the very small difference in offset ("something like half a millimeter...") and that this is actually the more correct part for the application.

To complicate things, I have in my hands a 52611-14, which is (I was told also by AFAM) the lightened version of the 52610-14. Supposedly, all three will work fine.

Can anyone verify this from experience? Anyone installed a 52610 or 52611 on this bike?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I'd check with Chris at California Cycleworks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I ended up just pulling the stock part and comparing to the AFAM - I figured I'd follow up here for posterity in case anyone else is ever kept up at night by this question ;D

AFAM 52611-14 seems very, very close if not identical to the stock part in offset from the front side. In fact, it looks to be a better match than the 52604-14 that most people seem to be using in going down to 14T, since the 15T version of that part that I saw at the dealer didn't have the slight shoulder that the stock part has. According to AFAM, then, 52610-14 should also work and just won't be drilled out to reduce mass.

The only difference I've noticed compared to the stock part is that there's a little more wobble/play when installed. I hope that's not a problem. Anyone else notice this?

Here are pics of the AFAM part and a comparison to the stock part.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.