1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from the BARF forum:

October 1, 2003:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/templates...00103n_cityhall
Supervisors unanimously passed a revised resolution that asks the Department of Parking and Traffic to prioritize accommodation of motorcycles and scooters in its parking planning policies. Gonzalez also said he would introduce legislation to the same effect. The symbolic gesture to ease the woes of motorcyclists -- who face $100 fines if they park on sidewalks -- had brought on the wrath of pedestrian advocates. The revised version urges DPT to continue ticketing "vehicles that impede the right of way of pedestrians."

Does that mean it's okay to park on the sidewalks, without fear of getting a ticket, as long as you're out of the way of pedestrians?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Depends on where in S.F. I park on the sidewalks all the time and have gotten maybe 3 tickets over the course of the last year. Trying to park on a sidewalk downtown obviously is not a good idea. There is a big movement in the City though to legalize sidewalk parking, so we'll see...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think you are safe in the Mission! I have parked on the sidewalks for years and have not been ticketed. On the other, I could just have good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts