Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to ride to Boston for a Sox game on Tues night, and will be staying overnight (haven't made hotel reservations yet - I'm a last minute priceline guy). I might stay weds, too, so I'm looking for a safe place to park my bike. Somewhere close to Fenway or to the green line would make things convenient.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Adrian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where I park...

...is in the Prudential center garage. They have a dedicated bike parking section on P2 that's right in front of the security office. The monthly tag holders park there as well, so it tends to get crowded late at night or before bad weather, but there should still be space available, either behind the concrete/metal U-bars and in the narrow yellow lined spots by the car rental service or in front of the row of bikes. Just make sure to grab a ticket at the booth at the regular entrance off Huntington Ave. and stick it to your bike, or they might (read will) tag you for not being a monthly pass holder.

http://www.prudentialcenter.com/gettinghere/index.php (rates are for cars, iirc).

HTH,
Matt

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I have parked my car there, but never noticed the bike area.

Adrian

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I used to park for free all the time in the Haymarket Garage. When you ride up they tell you to go around the gate and park with the bicycles.

It's not near Fenway, but it's right on the T.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
good luck finding parking

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
As you go through Kenmore Sq on Comm Ave Eastbound you can park near the hydrant on your right in front of Eastern Standard. I've been parking there for years and had no trouble. A lot of foot traffic goes by but there are always cops stationed on the sidewalks there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I work in the Back Bay and parking sucks here. You used to be able to park for free outside the garage at the back bay T station, but the put up a ton of No Parking sgns where all the bikes were. Now I pay the meter every two hours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bring a bike cover with you. If you cover your bike the meter maids are not allowed to lift the cover, so you can park in resident only spots, or on the sidewalk. Just make sure you do it in a low traffic area if your worried about people knocking it over.

I've also seen mixed behavior when trying to park in between two metered cars: sometimes you get away with it, sometimes one of the car leaves, and the meter maid tags you as an un-paid meter parker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts