Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "idiot" parking light came on whilst riding yesterday for no apparent reason. It stays on while engine is running, but goes off (along with lights) when off. As I dont have the manual (for a 2000 m750 dark), I dont know what this means, if it means anything. Should I be concerned? What should I check?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Parking light

This happens to me on my 900 monster, you could check to see if you have something similar. This light is linked to the kick stand. The kick stand is just below my shifting foot. Sometimes when I down shift hard I hit the kick stand and the light comes on. First look to see if this is how your bike works, and then see if you have limited clearance. You may just have a sticky pressure switch. you can clean it with electrical lube. I have some and it is made specificly for this. You may want to try some white sylicone grease or something with a water displacer in it like wd 40.

Good luck , let us know if that solved your problem.

Ride Safe.
Mattel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the same problem on my 2000 M750. The M750 wiring schematic shows the lamp is connected to the key switch, tail light, headlight, and parking lamp. I didn't see it connected to a kickstand switch. I guess it's worth a look. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts