Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big fan of the bond ducati use instead of gasket paper, so i want to change it out since i have to do work on the bike soon. Has any one installed paper gaskets on their bike it's a monster 695. Anything I need to know before I do this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
552 Posts
Keep in mind when you add a gasket when there wasn’t supposed to be one you change clearances . Not much, but enough that it might cause an issue. If you don’t like the Ducati sealer, try Mopar silicone trans sealer. You’ll never leak again.

·
Registered
552 Posts
What I said above works both ways. Sometimes removing a gasket can reduce clearance and cause an issue too. You just have to keep that in mind if you add or remove
a gasket and subsequently have a new issue, binding, or a new noise, that you might have caused the issue. I have used gasket sealer where there should have been a gasket , nothing wrong with it. I’ve made thicker than stock gaskets too. But I had a shifter bind from doing that because the case without a gasket left no clearance. Not Ducati. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts