Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and ladies,
Do you wear your leathers inside or outside your boots?
If you wear them inside, what boot/ leathers combo are you wearing?
I did a search and found nothing on this topic.

Ara

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Pants inside, Dainese P.103 pants and Sidi Vertigo boots.

You'll find that most "race" style boot/pant combinations are pant inside style (Dainese make some inside race boots - notably Rossi wears that style). Most of your more relaxed style cruiser or mesh pants will be outside the boot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I'm asking is that my Dainese Firefly leathers are a complete bitch and very uncomfortable to put inside my Sidi Vertigos so I wear them outside.
I even tried the Dainese Mekong pants, but to no avail.

Ara

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.
I tried the Gaerne boots with leathers inside, but still no luck. Oh well I guess I'll keep the leathers on the outside of the boot.

Ara

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried the Dianese Mekongs inside my Vertigo's. I can't live with a fit that tight. Too uncomfortable.

Ara

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have Fireflys and Vertigos as well. How do you wear your Fireflys outside? Do you keep both zippers open? The Vertigos are HUGE with the front and rear plastics.

Does it help if you max out the width of the Vertigos and don't zip the second zipper on your pants?

Ara7 said:
The reason I'm asking is that my Dainese Firefly leathers are a complete bitch and very uncomfortable to put inside my Sidi Vertigos so I wear them outside.
I even tried the Dainese Mekong pants, but to no avail.

Ara

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ciao Fun said:
I have Fireflys and Vertigos as well. How do you wear your Fireflys outside? Do you keep both zippers open? The Vertigos are HUGE with the front and rear plastics.

Does it help if you max out the width of the Vertigos and don't zip the second zipper on your pants?
I just tighten the Vertigos so they fit my leg correctly and keep the one zipper (it's an expansion zipper) unzipped, put my Vertigos on and zip the actual closing zipper over the boot.
It works easily for me.

Ara

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
The pants inside boots thing works best if you hike the pants up (like high-water pants) so the bottom of the pant leg is about 2-3 inches above your ankle. This will give enough room to zip up the boot, plus it creates the extra room for your knee when you are in riding position. I'll look baggy when you're standing, but feel good on the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts