Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Palomar today and 1/2 way up there are Caltrans trucks coming down. A little further up there is dirt and sand all over the road and worse on the down side. In their effort to improve??? our roadways, they graded the shoulders and left a mess. *ssholes. The backside was OK though and at least it wasn't a total wasted day. Think I'll do the De Luz Canyon, Santa Rosa Plateau trip Sunday the 15th. Has any one been there. There is one road Los Gatos that is a 24% grade, someone told me there is another even steeper by it.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Thanks for the report; I think I'm going to ride Palomar, et al on Saturday. Haven't riden De Luz Canyon/Santa Rosa Plateau, let us know.

Have they finished repaving Mesa Grande ? ? ?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Mesa grande is still patchy, as in not repaved,but there is minimal if none gravel and other stuff that will make you wipe out. The patches just give your Ohlins and nitrided forks an excuse to work! (God am I jealous!)

The last turn on Mesa Grande, or the first depending, the 15 mph hairpin by the outhouse (Hideout?) has some dirt on it and will cause your monster to slide more than the gloved one's moonwalk. Nice pucker factor.

Have fun!
Rideon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts