Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Monster is in for it's 12k and cam degreeing, awaiting adjustible STM pulleys for the complete job. (Thanks Scott S)

So, since my bike is being held hostage by Brandon,

I will be doing a mountain bike ride up Nate Harrison grade tomorrow, will be at Pauma School at 7:00 am Sunday the 28th for anyone who would like to come along. It's more fun to suffer with company! My fitness level is about average, so I will be pretty slow going up. The fun part is bombing down the tight side ! Figured I'd do something nice for the cardio system. (I think that makes the heart a "Desmodeu". )Gotta get a two wheel "fix" somehow!

Regards,

Rideon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ive got plans with the family but Im curious how long of a ride up is that?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill:

Now that I have looked it up, it seems like a real project. The book says 40.8 miles for the loop. 5/5 for the aerobic factor, 3/5 for the burn, 2/5 on the scare-0-meter. Assuming a 8 mile per hour average, which may be low due to the very fast come down, that's a 4 hour ride. :p I really don't know if I am capable of making it given my conditioning. Oh well, I have always been curious about this one!

Scott

·
Registered
796 Posts
I do mountain bike but just recently started getting back in shape. Have you ever ridden the Noble Canyon trail on Mt. Laguna? The pedal up is on a fire road, and it is brutal, but the ride down is very technical singletrack. Its an awsome ride.
Well have to ride (pedal) one of these days.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
ME PEDAL???? I coasted down Palomar last week, does that count as aerobic activity?
Saw your bike today Scott, I stil recognized it gutted and splayed out on the workstand.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Hehehehe if only my shoulder didnt hurt or Phillip Island wasnt on tomorrow. Id be buzzin ya Bill ;D

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Just on Saturdays and sometimes more.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Cool, Wrench or Sales?

Sorry to hijack Scott, I think we have the same Mt. bike guide to San Diego the 5/5 stuff sounds familiar.
I want to make a camping trip up to Mammoth again this year to do some downhill stuff. If you have never done it you would be blown away. Its amazing how much excersize you get just going downhill. They have some trails that take like 5hrs, just going down!

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Selling, Persuading,and sometimes begging. Haven't resorted to threats ,yet.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well, Id tell ya Ill come buy a bike from you but if I get another my wife will leave me :'(

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Mine keeps promising to leave everytime I buy another, but she lies.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You dont know how funny that is to me [smiley=laugh.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Troyslap:

Was that you going out the 76 at about 9:45? I recognized a Caviga, red, not the most common bike out there. He was being followed by a monster, I think. If that was you, who were you with? Could not recognize the leathers.

I was going the other way in a 90 faded red Toyota pickup, after Nate Harrison grade kicked my butt. It was fun, though!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got 5 miles up after about 2 hours. The scenery is beautiful! Going up I imagined being on a 650 sliding around corners, (I forgot the letters to the H---- offroad thumper model, old age and all). The roads so far as I went are perfect fireroads with no real bad habits. I know we like more of a challenge, but what Harrison grade gives you is awsome cardio. I did not hit extreme burn points, however, like you would get in nobel or even Anderson before it was killed.

It's gonna be me or the hill. :mad: One of us will die next weekend! I gotta get to the top! Gonna eat right, take some flaxseed with B6 and do it! May be wishful thinking as the primary adrenalin factory (the monster) will be home next weekend !

Scott

·
Registered
796 Posts
To tell the truth we usually shuttle Noble Canyon with two trucks from Sunrise Hwy. I just wanted to sound like I could ride it :p
I have ridden the Anderson loop where you take the roads up through the Indian land and then come down the good part but like you said that is no more :'(

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Troyslap:

Was that you going out the 76 at about 9:45? I recognized a Caviga, red, not the most common bike out there. He was being followed by a monster, I think. If that was you, who were you with? Could not recognize the leathers.

I was going the other way in a 90 faded red Toyota pickup, after Nate Harrison grade kicked my butt. It was fun, though!!

Scott
Yes That was me and my son following me on the M620,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts