Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, there's a good video of the S6 up Palomar mountain at Ride Behind Videos (I know, it's the worst name the guy could have come up with). Well done and good quality streaming. Just do a google search on "ride behind videos" (click on the SECOND hit) and watch episode 10. Now for the shameless plug- i'm the guy on the Monster 8). I was stoked when he told me about the video. Too bad about the R1 though.....

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Dude, that's an awesome video. You were tapping on the R1 guys shoulder. How hard/easy was it to stay with him?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nice vid. Gotta try Palomar one of these days...

I wonder what's up with them R1s. I always catch them in the corners and then they pull away from me on the straights (especially long straights, like Willow Springs). They can't be THAT terribly difficult to ride hard, or maybe the typical R1 owner just doesn't know how to handle their bike. Really annoying, cos they're holding you up but you can't safely pass them.

-R.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These dudes were hella cool. I talked to them at the gas station at Santa Ysabel and they were happy to let me crash and ride along up the mountain. As for the R1, he was going pretty darn fast. I stuck with him hard for a few corners and then backed off a little bit when it was apparent I wasn't getting around him. As fast as it was I wasn't willing to push any harder on the street. In any event it was one of the funnest runs up the fast side I've done. I took a bit of flack for risky behavior on the "General" forum, but hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Don't think I'll bother posting there to justify what I do, but the pace was still a couple clicks below what I do on the track and wasn't uncomfortable. I know people who go faster than I do on the street and they make me cringe. :eek:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That video is awesome. At one pont I can hear your Duc over the sewing machine and the techno, BAD ASS!

I love it.

G

·
Finally got around to seeing the video. Good stuff man. I lost your e-mail address so I hope you are checking replies here. ( this is Patrick by the way, we met at Starbucks awhile back ).
I am going to Palomar tomorrow ( 11/29 ) at some point so maybe I'll see you there. If not then another day. Stay safe

Later

Patrick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the video, great stuff.

I gotta try Palomar on of these days. [smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked the moderator on the General forum to kill the thread and he graciously did so. I swear, some people have to post the dumbest crap they can come up with, insult everyone and ruin it. I rest soundly in the knowledge that the moderators on these forums won't let this turn into the kind of junk you find on some OTHER forums ;)

G

·
Nice to see a civilized discussion about the vid.
Check out the site for more vids. Ep 10 is the quickest run on the site but the others are just as fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts