Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
There's a brand of spray paint that says it's specifically made for radiators but I can't remember the name. They had both a satin and a gloss finish as well as an explanation as to why their paint was better than regular high heat paints. Probably hooey but I found it by doing a quick search on the www for 'radiator spray paint' or something like that.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
pompetta said:
That's the fastest (and what I did), but powdercoating is more durable.
true

but

you could buy a pallet of BBQ paint for the cost of powdercoating

The question I have is

How much thicker is powdercoating and does it affect the radiators ability to cool?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Mother said:
true
but
you could buy a pallet of BBQ paint for the cost of powdercoating
The question I have is
How much thicker is powdercoating and does it affect the radiators ability to cool?
That depends on who does the powdercoating. My guy said he'd do mine for $30 (just the tanks, not the fins).

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Waldorf said:
I want to make my radiator mat black. What is the most durable process?
Go to an auto parts store(Autozone, Pep Boys, etc) and get high temp(500 degree +) engine paint. Plasti-Kote and Duplicolor make great enigne paint. They both make flat, satin, and gloss in high temp. I've used this paint on bikes/cars and it's very durable. Plus, if you get a knick(and you will no matter which paint/process you use) it's easy and cheap to touch-up. I think this stuff is only $5.00 a can.

My 2 cents, go with satin black because the flat looks gray/dull after a while. [thumbsup]

·
Banned
522 Posts
c_rex said:
There's a brand of spray paint that says it's specifically made for radiators but I can't remember the name. They had both a satin and a gloss finish as well as an explanation as to why their paint was better than regular high heat paints. Probably hooey but I found it by doing a quick search on the www for 'radiator spray paint' or something like that.
Here you go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.