Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to either hard epoxy paint my swingarm or powdercoat it, most likely I will powdercoat it. Is anyone else considering this.....it is such a nice swingarm but looks terrible in its stock form. My bike is black and the swingarm will follow along in the same color. Comments??

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
My swingarm is getting coated when i get my frame done.
I think the black S/A looks great.
example: (yes i know its not a single swinger)

If you dont have a good powdercoater in your area, i have a special DML discount set up with the one here in Fresno...you can ship it in, they'll coat it and ship it back to ya.
I will get a list of prices compiled to get parts coated once I have mine done.

G

·
I agree,
When I took my passanger pegs off at VIR, the first thing I really noticed is how nice the swing arm is. And how nice it would look if it matched the frame.
Someday down the road I plan to do a frame and swing arm powder coat job. But not until the Honey Moon is over. Unless somebody out there can give the swing arm a perfect match to the frame now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
thats a great idea! but i dont get my s4r until march. I think i will paint coat mine. what about 2pac paint? do you think that would be ok? a freind of mine is a really good spray painter and i dont think that you would get many stone chips in that area any way also it would be easyer to touch up if you did get any chips. how do they do the multi-strata?

Dan

·
Registered
287 Posts
Then you'll have to get the triple trees and fork tubes anodized black!! And maybe the the whole motor with a black wrinkle finish!! Oh Yea!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm very interested in having my swingarm and lower triple clamp powdercoated black - anyone in the SF Bay Area interested in pooling some parts together to have them done at the same time? Most powdercoaters seem to charge by the batch. By the way, how difficult is it to remove a non-SS swingarm? I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have a lot of tools, but how do you guys suspend the rear when removing it? Obviously I can't use my Pitbull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts