Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, but thought it came out cool (don't mind the mud/dirt.. it's raining today).
I painted the Headlamp bracket, heal guards, emissions "grey thingies", and my front sprocket cover.

here's the before...

And After...

I may paint my cans next... we'll see how I feel this weekend.

X

·
0 Posts
Looks good, I really think the belt covers make a huge difference. Ducati makes a great looking bike then slaps on two huge pieces of cheap looking grey plastic. I have done some similar painting on mine too. I have been thinking about getting some high temp paint and painting the exhaust pipes from the engine to the cans. But due to lack of time or maybe jsut indescision I haven't done that yet.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I AM going to paint (probably clear) my pipes this weekend... have to sand off the rust first, but want to keep the rust from coming back.. I'll eventually wrap them, but for now, paint will do... I also have black paint for my cans... I'm trying to imagine them painted... I think it'll look ok (at least better than stock) so I may go through with it. Has anyone else painted their cans black?? I'd like to see what it looks like before doing it.. although I'm getting sils soon anyway, but I really hate those dull grey things it comes with, they show dirt too easily... ok, enough rambling.. anyone got pics?? please? :-/

S

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
correct me if I am wrong Strati but those are shortened cans too. The combo looks so nice ;D

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asf, pics aren't showing up for me... did you upload them? ...also, Links still aren't working, strati.

S

·
0 Posts
sorry rick... those pics are on a free geocities account which has a pretty small daily bandwidth allowance.

now everybody.... STOP CLICKING on them so rick can get a look ;D

oh, and yeah, the cans were shortenned a bit.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I do paint my cans tomorrow, do I need to put on a primer first, or just the high temp ceramic enamel?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I used rattle-can high temp matte black on my sprocket cover and belt covers and think it looks fairly nifty.

S

·
0 Posts
If I do paint my cans tomorrow, do I need to put on a primer first, or just the high temp ceramic enamel?
you definately want to use a high-temp primer 1st.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts