Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to wait until I get my bike paid off to start the mods, but long cold winter and throttle fever got the best of me anyway. I painted my exhaust cans yesterday...what cans did you think I was painting geeez get your mind out of the exhaust fumes.
Anyway, when I bought the bike.

Then I decided I needed some Monster art for a Christmas present.

Now....

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

A guy on another forum had a real good write up on how to do this, looked easy enough. He was right, simple and quick and looks great.
Three coats of Matte Black, then decided to change to Semi-Gloss black. Brightened it up and made it match the frame much better.

You can also kinda see my new Carbon Fiber rear hugger.

Plan on powder coating the foot pegs and headlight at some point since they'll need something a little stronger.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Also bought that little stand from harbor freight. That thing works awesome. I'm going to redo the paddles and put a felt liner on them, and also going to buy some rubber fittings the for the stand arms so it's not metal to concrete when I jack it up.

·
Registered
58 Posts

A guy on another forum had a real good write up on how to do this, looked easy enough. He was right, simple and quick and looks great.
Three coats of Matte Black, then decided to change to Semi-Gloss black. Brightened it up and made it match the frame much better.

You can also kinda see my new Carbon Fiber rear hugger.

Plan on powder coating the foot pegs and headlight at some point since they'll need something a little stronger.
I like it. You looking to sell your black tank and seat cover. I'm willing to trade my red ones. They have been garaged with only 200 miles on them. Send me a PM if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. No, the wife really likes the black and she rides the bike too. So we switch it out from time to time. It only takes about 20 minutes to get all the plastics switched out.

I'm going to try to switch it to black tonight and get some pictures of that too. She told me we need to do something about those mirrors too. So I have to decided between the CRG's (which I have and love on my Fz1), or the Reverse Retro's (which I like but are a bit beefy and I worry they look similar in location to the stock mirrors).

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have rizoma retro bar end mirrors and could not be happier. So much better than stock and does not vibrate at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i noticed the dragon on the fork - that should always be added after the bike is paid off. (jk - nice cans)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, almost broke the bank with those Dragon stickers, I love it down there at the Dragon. Been there twice and plan on going back again. Some great roads and always a great time. Last year we did it, then the Blue Ridge Parkway. Awesome ride 8 days, 8 states and 2200 miles.

This year we're doing The Mitt (I think it's called), up through Michigan and back down through the UP. Great trip with some great guys. We're also going to do a few weekend trips over in West Virginia. I've never been there but I've heard that have some fantastic roads.

·
Registered
56 Posts
in michigan look for the Tunnel of trees (route 119 northwest michigan) - from what I hear it is the Dragon without the crowds.

Our dragon trip 2009 was rained out so we headed north dodging rain storms. We aimed for the Tunnel - just missed it by a state. We found some roads in WI that proved worthy of a road trip and followed the river south out of Dubuque - another fine road.

ahh memories - I think I am ready for summer to get here.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I'll look at our plans tonight and see if we go by there, if so we'll definately hit it up.

It rained on us on the ride down to North Carolina, but that was the only day of rain. I'm glad, I hate riding in the rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts