Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get my tank and fender flat blacked for my Monster. I called a few body shops and they didn't seem like they wanted anything to do with me so I'm looking here for suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You shouldn't need anyone particularly good to paint matte black. Take the parts off yourself and take them to a auto paint shop (preferably outside of Austin). Regs are much more relaxed when you get out of Travis county.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been an absolute nightmare. I'm up to about $500. dollars and 2 paint shops later and I still don't have a decently painted tank. Keep in mind this is only flat black we are talking about here!

I'm going to pick it up at the second paint shop tonight. He has had it for going on 3 weeks now. I got into it today on the phone with him. He kept giving me this "oh it will be done tomorrow" BS

The first shop I took it to was Doug Scales Body Shop‎. These guys are absolute and complete hacks. Avoid them at all cost. They painted it twice, came out terribly two times and basically stole my $200.

Next up I took it to a one man shop call Accurate body and paint. He specializes in "hot rods" so I figured he could knock out a flat black paint job no problem. Think again, once again it came out terribly the first time around. This time there was just too much paint on tank at this point so it needed to be stripped down to bare metal. So I went picked it up and stripped ALL the paint off the tank and brought it back to him. Well I just got home from the second paint job at the second shop and why I am not surprised it looks like total sh"t.

J.Davis you're right around the corner from me. Please help me and my Ducati! I've been dealing with this for two months now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess that's Jesse's shop? He used to be over at the place on north Lamar (I can't remember the name now). I've had him fix and paint quite a few Monster tanks and was always happy with the results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I took stuff over there when I worked at Ducati Austin, they do ok work. The best paint work I've seen here in town on motorcycles is Matt over at Texas Custom Cycles on 620. He just did an MV Agusta F4 for a friend of mine (the carbon bike that was at DA for years) and it looks amazing. when I get photo's uploaded I'll post some.

And trust me Jay, I wasn't confusing you with Jesse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts