Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(posted this on the tech board, though it'd prob be better here)

Hi, I never noticed this before but on the left side of my frame there is what looks like streaks of silver paint, like the Ducati factory sticker's paint ran after something caustic got on it, and got on the frame (gold), though I'm not certain thats what it is. Does anyone know what I can use to take this off w/o damaging the paint on the frame itself? Thank you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
left side ?
take a careful look , those "silver streaks" could be from batery acid. what monster do you have .
I would venture a guess that you have a conventional battery and the vent hose has disconnected from the battery.
if it is acid give the area a bath in water and baking soda to neutralize the acid.
find a dood painter to paint match or cover the spots with touch-up paint /decals

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap, the bike was knocked over, then I noticed it. its a 2000 M750. Its battery acid really? Meaning the paint was eaten off?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid question, the frame always looked gold to me, but theres also Ducati Titanium, which I guess it could be, though thats more silver-y, right?

·
Registered
555 Posts
lift the fuel tank and see if there is any other signs of damage.
the acid will bubble the plastic battery box and leave white residue on rubber parts.
make sure the vent hose is on the battery.
as to frame color i cannot help you as they all look the same to me :-/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts