Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread a few weeks ago regarding this...I just had a quick question...Are there any performance issues/other issues I should worry about as a result of these paint bubbles...I have a few that are arising but since my warranty runs out in about two weeks (and I don't think I'll have time to take it to a dealer to get it warrantied and fixed) I am thinking of just leaving it...But that's only if there's nothing bad that could happen (besides making it look a little messy...

Also, how much would it cost to replace the engine casing should I decide down the line to replace it? Maybe I can find an old one off another bike and use that? What do you guys think?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
are you talking about on the side cases? If so, that was my problem (and battle) with DNA. I don't think there's a mechanical issue at stake, but if you pay to replace them yourself, expect to spend over $1200 just in parts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see...so it's more of an issue about just making sure ur Duc is the best it can be and making DNA own up to their faults? I just wanna make sure that if I leave it...it won't come to haunt the bike's performance/ruin anything in the future...

$1200!!! I'm naive when it comes to mechanical aspects...would u just be able to replace the side engine case? No other parts would be required no?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
that's correct...the side cases and peep-hole cover were $1200+ alone...then I think they quoted me 2 hours labor. Your other option is to pull them off yourself and get them powdercoated. I was doing it to resell the bike...if you ask the others (yes, it's happened to others-especially 2002 M620s) they'll all tell you it doesn't stop. It gets worse and worse. Mine looked HORRIBLE within a month.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Just pull them off & have them painted or powdercoated. It will look better & be more durable than that Ducati crap, & probably won't cost more than $50-100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts