Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Paddock Stand Spools that DON'T go through the rear axle...do they exist?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Buggsy 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I did quick search through the forum to see if this topic has been brought up before, but I didn't find anything. My apologies if it's been covered.

I just got myself a 2017 797 and I'm looking to add spools on the swing-arm so that I can use my existing paddock stand. My stand has the ability to use the pads, but I don't like how unstable that makes the bike feel, I would rather use the little hooks to lift the bike via spools attached to the bike.

The problem I'm running into is that I can't see any way that paddock stand spools can be attached to the bike aside from using the type of spools that connect through the rear axle of the bike and cover the axle nut. While this may be okay for most uses, it kinda prevents the removal of the rear wheel.

Looking at te swing arm, I genuinely don't see any other way to attach stand spools aside from the through-the-axle method, but I just want to make sure. Am I just-plain stuck using the swing-arm pads on my paddock stand in the instances I need to remove the wheel?

Thanks everyone :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Usually you'd have to have threaded bungs welded on the swingarm for the spools. I'm also using the R&G spool/sliders that go in the axle but they won't work for adjusting the chain. Another alternative is Pitbull makes a stand specifically for the 797/Scramber that fits the swingarm better without spools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.