Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finalized my agreement to purchase my next racebike, henceforth known as "Tigre Quattro" or "Tigre 4" or "The bike who shall not be highsided."

'04 749R w/ 293 original miles. Headwork, set cams & squish, and full Termi system.

Ain't it purdy?

Cheers,
Tiggy

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wow [thumbsup] nice [clap]
it awaits you to break it in.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wow, purdy. :) Nothin' like a high-side to inspire an upgrade (umm....I guess?) [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My "logic" is that if I have a more powerful bike, then I don't need to be as aggressive on the throttle mid-turn.

Makes sense, eh?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tigre said:
My "logic" is that if I have a more powerful bike, then I don't need to be as aggressive on the throttle mid-turn.

Makes sense, eh?
Perfect, yes. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Tigre said:

Makes sense, eh?
Ah, but if you think with the little head a more powerful bike will launch you faster, no? [laugh] [laugh]

Nice bike man! When does the arm come out of the sling?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
17 days... give or take :)

Perhaps you can take this bike out and break it in for me in the meantime?? [laugh]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I think he races Open Twins and 600.. The Twins I believe get up to 750cc in the 600 class.. That's just my understanding of it though.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TCK is correct.

I'll definitely race Open Twins. I'll do 1-2 more support classes -- prolly 600 superbike and mebbe Formula 1 (all types of bikes).

There's also a chance I'd do 750 superbike, because the guys who schedule the races assume most open twins riders are 1,000cc bikes and race open twins and the 750 classes -- so they schedule open twins back-to-back with the 600 classes a lot.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
ooooo awwwww, nice new bike [thumbsup]

so..... umm.... what cha going to do with some of the bling bling stuff from the old bike ;D lets talk ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts