Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just bought Oxford hump back bags,they are sporty looking and fit the monster like they were made for it. It looks like they will do the trick,planning on doing some
travel,just can't wait.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got to try the bags this week-end,caught rain and everything inside the bags stayed dry,in other words they performed beautifly

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the tail bag and think its great. But it will be even better with a bit of modification (like everything, I suppose). The straps that go under the seat don't hit the monster seat right, so I'm having a luggage guy move them up and shorten them. Then I'll add a couple grommets and use the seat cowl screws to hold it on. Should be a very solid and secure mount, I think.

Did you get the panniers? I haven't seen them in person, so I haven't picked them up yet. But they certaily do look like they would work well with low mount pipes. How do you like the mounting and are they easy to get on and off? Are you able to get a couple days gear into the bags comfortably?

My only real beef with most "Universal" saddle bags is they are a real pita to take off when you stop for the night.

mike

·
Registered
366 Posts
My solution to this problem is to use inner bags. I got some rectangular shaped nylon bags from www.riderwearhouse.com, but you can find silimar functions from many places.

I pack in the inner bags and just leave the panniers on the bike. I use a bike cover when I stop for overnight on the theory that anybody willing to look under the cover will take the bike no matter how secure.

You could get a waterproof inner bag for exrta weather security. Much easier than unmounting/remounting bags. :)

My only real beef with most "Universal" saddle bags is they are a real pita to take off when you stop for the night.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a low mounted pipes bike,yes i went on a 3 days trip
i had enough space,i also had a tank bag,the mounting could use some evolution,but we stayed at the same hotel for 3 days so the dismounting and mounting was not a factor, some kind of quick release would be even better(but for the price i paid it beat the ducati hard bags)

·
Registered
339 Posts
good thinking, fastbike. I do that with my tailpack. I use the drawstring bag from my helmet to carry misc stuff (shoes, swipe cards, etc.) when commuting to/from work. I hadn't seen inner bags big enough for panniers, but I'll check aerostich. I should have known, those guys have everything..

mike

·
Registered
366 Posts
They are also great people to deal with. Outstanding customer service. If I was to do it over (and I might) I would get waterproof liners. I got my current liners when I had a bike with hard bags that were actually watertight. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts