Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for overpants for commuting in khakis to work or just jeans on rides. Not looking for leather or a full suit. Something that will go over baggier pants rather than fitted. I guess more of a jean or nylon material. Wondered what you guys out there have had luck with. Im not looking for crazy expensive or super cheap either.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I was thinking of getting some MX pants to ride to work in and then just changing at work. If you get a large enough pair, you can probably slip them over your khakis. They're not too expensive and some of them have sewn in padding.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, Im also not looking for them to have to be waterproof either. Maybe a removable liner that I can wear them in all different weather ranges from cold to hot. Im mostly looking for something over jeans and khakis, not as a pair of pants I need to change out of.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've got a pair from NewEnough that worked wonderfully. Not too hot in the summer. Removeable liner. They were waterproof. low speed off and they came out just fine.

I think mine are FirstGear. But, I don't see them on the site. The Tourmasters look about the same and the same price.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slowpoke13 said:
Those look identical to the ones I have. Wore them over jeans, uniforms, shorts, sweats, ust about anything.
How true to size was it when you ordered yours? How many up to you go from your normal size?

·
Registered
124 Posts
HyperM3 said:
How true to size was it when you ordered yours? How many up to you go from your normal size?
I'm a 34" waist. I normally buy 36" pants. I believe I ordered the 36" overpants. I seem to recall a note saying to order to your true size as the pants are designed to go over your existing pants. But, a simple phone call to NewEnough shoudl answer that specifically.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rock on. Thanks for all your input.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I had a pair of First Gear overpants. I loaned them to a friend of mine and he had a very low speed low side and the pants were destroyed. I replaced them with Vanson 101's. They zip down the sides and fit over jeans or khakis just fine. The protection is just about the same as my racing leathers but without the sliders and straight cut legs.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have Alpinestars Alter Ego's and they've been pretty good. They have a removeable liner and removeable flap that exposes a mesh from about mid thigh for added ventilation. They also have padded knee and hip armor. They were $250 if memory serves me correct, so a bit on the high side.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im trying to keep the price under $150 if possible.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just saw the icon lined jeans in the gratis issue of motorcyclist that ducati sent out. They look decent enough to wear all day, but i dont know about breathablity or heat buildup on the cockles. i assume they would be rather intolerable, but nothing could be worse than ice buildup on the cockles in the morning commute.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so I just got my pants in and tried them on. How snug are they supposed to fit? I had to take the liner out for me to be able to button the pants on top of my khakis. They still feel a bit tight in the hip area but im not sure if going a size up will affect that. If I pull the overpants up above my belt on my khakis they fit fine in that way but are tight in the crotch. Should overpants fit above the beltline or right on it?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
moto pants should ride a little high.
I wear my overpants above my belt.
I bought mine to fit with jeans,
but I wish I would have sized them to fit with a thinner pant,
because with a thinner pant they are a bit loose,
so, being snug on your thickest pants is probably perfect.

Oh, and they look ridiculous when wearing them,
if ever a pair of pants made a butt look big,
it doesn't look so bad if you have a similar styled textile jacket.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok good to know. I just called newenough and they said the same thing. Its snug enough that the pads wont move around but loose enough that the package isnt smooshed. They feel just like snowboard pants to me so I guess thats good, except they do look a bit goofy when you get off. Function over fashion for this sport.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts