Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is patrick and i'm a monster-holic...

I spend most of my time over on the CAM board for the DC area but i thought you all might be able to help me find a place that rents motorcycles in the northwest.... the short* story is i'm taking a trip 7-10 days out west and i'd like to rent a bike to meet up with a friend for a week or so of riding. seem to be a bunch of places that rent harleys... and a few that rent bmw's out of places like Jackson Wyoming and such... prices are about $900 a week though (my bike's only worth about 3k :eek: ). Has anyone had any personal experience with renting? someone once said they "bought" a used bike from a dealer and then sold it back at the end of their trip less 500 bucks... this would be ideal but i don't know anyone who will do that. BTW i've got places to stay and start from in Salt lake city, portland, seattle, or whitefish montana... if that's any help.

Thanks!

*long story is that i have to sell my monster that i've had for the past 5 years... hopefully just a temporary blip on the motorcycle ownership timeline but it will take too much money to make her DC emmissions and safety compliant (after modding her to be as loud and obnoxious as possible while i lived in lenient VA). My thought was just take the money i got and run - buy a ticket, and rent a bike and have a great time for 10 days in a part of the country i've always said i was going to ride, but haven't in my five years of big talk...

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Hi Patrick,
I doubt you'll find much cheaper. I know that there is a place in Seattle that rents touring bikes, bmws and yammie fjrs, I believe, but I know nothing else about them. In Portland (were most of us are) the only thing I know of is the harleys.

When are you planning on being out here, and what type of riding do you plan on doing? If it's just day trips around the towns you are going to stay in, it might be worthwhile to borrow bikes... if you are traveling between the cities I would recommend renting a beemer or other touring bike.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
toolfan said:
When are you planning on being out here, and what type of riding do you plan on doing?
i'll be meeting up with a buddy who rides a VFR around may. i'm hoping to put up some bigger miles though so i'd love to rent a vfr or something sport-touring-like. looks like starting early on this search will help. the cost of renting a bike for 10 days though may just negate this whole idea. some prices are close to 1200 bucks for ten days - yikes.

on a side note, i was in portland on my bicycle for about 5 days last summer, saw maybe 25 bikes - 23 were ducati - coincidence?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts