Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week was the last straw for me. The temps got up around 50 here in Sioux Falls all week and I couldn't take it anymore. The Monster is out of storage and it's great to be out terrorizing the town again. She didn't make it through the winter without injury though. Somehow both fork seals are badly blown now and I have oil running down both fork legs. I also didn't get to ride much after moving here from Washington State and I've noticed she needs to be re-jetted (hard starting but rich down low and lean up top) for the area and the back tire needs replacing along with 50 other little things. It never ends but I suppose that's half the fun ;D I posted a question about street parking a while back and I thank everyone who contributed. I learned a lot and I think I've got a handle on the situation. I've got a disk lock, a cover, a chain (on the way), and of course full coverage. Hopefully everyone else has got their Monsters out of storage long before now. Happy riding.

James

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
James, get your Monster in good working order and ride to your hearts content!! Winter is a long and grueling season!!
Ride Safe!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the forks are my biggest concern now. I took her for a long ride and the oil is practically running out of them coating everything else. I hit a bump pulling onto the interstate and I could tell it was close to going into a tank slapper. Only around town riding from now until I can fix my forks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts